Options

Adding Music to a Slideshow

FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
Being new here and to Smugmug, I did a quick search looking for adding music to a Smugmug slideshow but the only results I could find were from way back in 2006.

I did ask one of the Smugmug Heroes about adding music but was told only if I converted my slideshow into a video. Coming from a Zenfolio platform it seems a bit strange that adding music to Smugmug is so complicated when everything else about Smugmug is so simple and easy to do.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts about adding music to a Smugmug slideshow?

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee

Fiesta, I am probably the one that responded. I remember someone asking about that yesterday. We do not have a way to add music to the slideshow. Creating a video/slideshow is what a lot of our users have been doing. Animoto, ProShow, and even some photo/video editors can do it. Once the video is created, it can be uploaded to your SmugMug account for display.

SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    Thanks for that Doc. It's still very disappointing that to add a simple music track to a Smugmug slideshow is a fair bit of extra work and after a quick look at the Animoto and ProShow links quite expensive.