Options

Photos loading very slowly

DanielWDanielW Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
My photos are loading very slowly. Only happened in the last day or so. An example is here:

www.dsw-photo.com/Travel/To-The-Frontlines-Against-ISIS

Only a handful of pics load before it halts. I have tried different computers, browser etc.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

When I've had this trouble it seemed to be geographical, and/or related to a specific ISP, and I think relates to how well their CDN integrates with local ISP's.

For what it is worth, your site loaded very quickly for me from Florida, as I write this. I know that's just one spot; it was very frustrating (with their last CDN) as Comcast here would be incredibly slow -- enough some people would say they could no longer use my photos -- but other places in the country it would work fine. Smugmug seems to have only slight ability to impact the situation when that happens.

My suggestion is open a help desk ticket with details (location, IP, whatever you can provide).

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee

I just tested as well and it loaded very fast. As Ferguson mentioned, details emailed to the help desk would be a good idea. The heroes can take a look.

SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Bobcat132Bobcat132 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    This is what I usually do. Heroes are great and they respond in no time! I had never met such a good support as on SmugMug.
  • Options
    VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2016

Thank you Bobcat132! :)

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • Options
    DanielWDanielW Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

I tried SmugMug Help and was told that it is a CDN/geographical issue, and was told to just use a VPN when I wanted to access smugmug(?!).

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hello Daniel,

The reason for the advise on the use of the VPN is that if the site is responding when using a VPN then likely the area you are located not only may have a local CDN/geographical issue that the VPN circumvents, but it may also have a nationwide firewall in which case the VPN helps to have an alternate route around.

Jen
    Support Hero

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero