edited April 28, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Ha, it looks like he's sneaking a shot!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    It really works, Javier. The window poster behind the guy is a fine touch, and the sweeps in the pedestal he's hiding behind, pointing toward him, top it off.
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Thanks folks. I appreciate the kind words. :)
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Fantastic capture !
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Very nice image. But I'd really skip, or rethink, the titles - I had no idea what to expect with this title, and still don't 'get it.' But I like the image.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Very nice image. But I'd really skip, or rethink, the titles - I had no idea what to expect with this title, and still don't 'get it.' But I like the image.

Thanks
    Once again we will have to agree to disagree. I like the title and so did many others on my flickr, so I will stay with it. :)

By the way, I was going through your blog last night and I really don't get allot of it.
    Like this page for example
    http://www.bdcolenphoto.com/Personal-Work/Easy-Street/21299855_wgq7zZ#!i=1697257150&k=StbqJXJ
    The cut off limbs and many looking alike. What am I missing?
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Javier wrote: »
    Thanks
    Once again we will have to agree to disagree. I like the title and so did many others on my flickr, so I will stay with it. :)

By the way, I was going through your blog last night and I really don't get allot of it.
    Like this page for example
    http://www.bdcolenphoto.com/Personal-Work/Easy-Street/21299855_wgq7zZ#!i=1697257150&k=StbqJXJ
    The cut off limbs and many looking alike. What am I missing?

Not a blog, Javier, just a gallery on my website. But more to the point, it's simply a series of photos of people walking by the same place, over a four hour period, in changing light. I was intrigued by he juxtaposition of wheels and legs, and the legs clothed differently. End of story. See in the images what you will, or won't. In terms of street phtography, I am far, far more interested in ambiguous images the viewer has to think about, than I am in images that telegraph some obvious story or statement (see my Leonard Freed signature quote.) Are there too many images in that series? Probably - I should edit it down. Also, though, I should say that I am a bit concerned that when I post a comment saying that I really like an image of yours, but don't get the title and wouldn't title it, you respond by going to my website, finding something you don't like, and linking to it. That strikes me as a bit hostile - or am I reading something into your response that wasn't there?headscratch.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed