Place Requests to Moderators Here

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 4, 2012
    Allen wrote: »
    Perhaps should be in customization forum?

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=229564

Thanks!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • racefanracefan Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    i need to fix my title in the nikon f/s thread, now it says thinking of selling and i want it to say 180 macro lens and teleconvertor
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited December 4, 2012
    racefan wrote: »
    i need to fix my title in the nikon f/s thread, now it says thinking of selling and i want it to say 180 macro lens and teleconvertor

Fixed
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2012
    This thread belongs more into the customization forum. Can you move it? Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited December 6, 2012
    This thread belongs more into the customization forum. Can you move it? Thanks!

Moved.
    edited December 6, 2012
    Seymore wrote: »
    Please move to the Kitchen Sink.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=229561

Thanks.

Just a note that DoctorIT does go through the Flea Market periodically (I know I've mentioned it before). Maybe not every day but weekly.
    edited December 6, 2012
    Yes Ian... I'm aware but he must have missed this one since it was up for almost 3 days before I reported it.

Give him a week.

Thanks.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 7, 2012
    Please move to the Kitchen Sink.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=229561
    Oh, and btw, why should that be in Kitchen Sink? It's an "other guys" camera and lens. ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• BylLuvaul66BylLuvaul66 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 10, 2012
    Moderators please help! I am wondering if there is a way for me to retrieve my login information for my old account "BylLuvual". I posted in the "Whats your story?" thread in 2004 when I was 15. Every time anyone searches for my name in Google, that thread pops up. I want to login that account and delete my posts. I do not want that popping up every time anyone searches for me online. I have contacted the site administrator but never received a reply back. Is there anyway for my to get into that account? I do not remember the email that I used for it as it was 8 years ago. If I can't retrieve my login info, could I at least get a moderator to delete my old posts from 2004?? Pleeeaasseeee help me bowdown.gif
    edited December 10, 2012
    Moderators please help! I am wondering if there is a way for me to retrieve my login information for my old account "BylLuvual". I posted in the "Whats your story?" thread in 2004 when I was 15. Every time anyone searches for my name in Google, that thread pops up. I want to login that account and delete my posts. I do not want that popping up every time anyone searches for me online. I have contacted the site administrator but never received a reply back. Is there anyway for my to get into that account? I do not remember the email that I used for it as it was 8 years ago. If I can't retrieve my login info, could I at least get a moderator to delete my old posts from 2004?? Pleeeaasseeee help me bowdown.gif

Let's see what we can do.
    edited December 10, 2012

OK. Here's the deal. I've removed your posts. However, I don't control the search engines (or the various archives) so things will still show up at least for a while. Anyone that's archived the site will have archive pages that may be around for a long, long time.
  • Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    How do I withdraw my membership from this forum? I am having insurance difficulties due to this being a part of smugmug. I will resume membership under a "false nameand email" once I get my equipment re-insured.
    edited December 11, 2012
    How do I withdraw my membership from this forum? I am having insurance difficulties due to this being a part of smugmug. I will resume membership under a "false nameand email" once I get my equipment re-insured.

We could change your username at any time. Would that work?
    My Smugmug
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    Please pardon a bit of OT here.
    Why would any insurer care if you are connected to this forum or through it, Smugmug? Curious minds
    enquire...

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited December 11, 2012
    because they see Smugmug as a sales site, therefore assume I am acting in the capacity of a professional. In this scenario, they will not insure as a part of my homeowner's but require a separate schedule at a much higher rate.
    edited December 11, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    We could change your username at any time. Would that work?

Probably...lets use ceeman
    edited December 12, 2012
    Probably...lets use ceeman

I can do that. Just so you know what will happen after this change...

Your previous posting history has already been logged and catalogued at all major search sites, including your post above. They can Google it all, with your previous user name. Any message in posts, which might include details, including your old username, equipment listed, etc., will not go away and remain on the net for a long long time. Any posts others have made which included a quote from any post you made will still include your old user name, even after a user name change.

We don't remove posts, threads or users, unless it is absolutely necessary for our security. And even if we did, sites like the internet way back machine will still have them listed in their databases for all to view.
    My Smugmug
    edited December 12, 2012
    That's fine...no one else in the world knows me as Dr Calohandre except a few former students who gave me that moniker.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    Please remove this post. No comments are permitted in that thread!
    edited December 13, 2012
    Please remove this post. No comments are permitted in that thread!

Looks like it's been removed.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    Yes - I had noticed, but was unsure by whom. Thanks anyway!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 21, 2012
    Looking for help with SmugMug Customization, posted in Tutorials - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=230065.

--- Denise
    edited December 21, 2012
    Looks like a WTB. Not quite sure because ESL...

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=230113

Thanks...

We're OK with this where it is.
    Looking for help with SmugMug Customization, posted in Tutorials - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=230065.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
  • NaturePicsNaturePics Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2012
    I love the wildlife forum for its great pictures, focus on the animals rather than technique or gear and mostly positive, supportive comments. Dgrin doesn't have a similar forum for flower and insect photos. The macro forum has much more focus on technique than on content. Comments there are too often belittling put-downs from unpleasant elitists.

Taking pictures of dead bugs on a plain background isn't the same as taking pictures of live plants and animals outside where you use whatever opportunity arises. A macro lens and DSLR may or may not have been used to take such nature pictures.

How about starting a forum for nature photography other than wildlife including flowers, insects and even scenery?

Bill
    edited December 25, 2012
    Definitely worth a discussion. Thanks for the suggestion, Bill.
    My Smugmug
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2012
    PLease fix my Title for http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1841231#post1841231 to read correctly as:

How we know it is Winter!

TIA,

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited December 27, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    PLease fix my Title for http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1841231#post1841231 to read correctly as:

How we know it is Winter!

TIA,

Don

No problem!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 1, 2013
    This post seems misplaced in Digital Darkroom - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=230415.

--- Denise