SmuggLr - for flickr, Phanfare, PicasaWeb, PhotoSite & Zenfolio refugees

14567810»

Comments

• TBTTBT Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2013
    For those having issues with failures:

I've found that Smugglr is smart enough to realize an image is already uploaded.

So my technique right now is just to run smugglr, fail, run smugglr, fail and so on, telling smugglr to transfer all of the files on each iteration and not bothering to keep track as to what has transfered.
  • davesfotodavesfoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2013
    Can anyone tell me how smugglr actually transfers the files? Does it consume my ISP's bandwidth or is all done on the cloud? Do I need to have my browser open etc. I've 150 Gigs to transfer .... maybe

Thanks
  • RobRRobR Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    How do I run Smugglr?
    I have never used a FireFox add-on before. I installed Smugglr but I can't figure out how to run it.

RobR
  • steveboersteveboer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2013
    Smugglr and the revamped Smugmug
    Ever since I 'went live' with the updated version of SmugMug, when I use Smugglr to copy a single folder of images from Flickr, it creates a new gallery on Smugmug instead of putting the images in the existing gallery of the same name. This worked just fine before the revamp, but now Smugglr is creating a new gallery every time and the problem with this is that it doesn't have the same settings as I had put on the existing one.
  • telemenartelemenar Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2013
    Smugglr currently seems to be running into problems logging into Zenfolio for me.
  • Donkey1998Donkey1998 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2014
    Smugglr/Zenfolio
    I am trying to migrate from Zenfolio to Smug and when I use smuggler and sign into my zen account it shows no photos to download
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 11, 2014
    Donkey1998 wrote: »
    I am trying to migrate from Zenfolio to Smug and when I use smuggler and sign into my zen account it shows no photos to download

Donkey1998,

Please download version 4.5 and try it again.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • pluckytreepluckytree Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 22, 2014
    Partial import from Flickr
    Hi there -

I’ve tried using smuglr on a Flickr library of 4,000+ images and maybe 100 videos. On a gigbit connection up/down, it imports very quickly, but every time gets stuck at 2,745 images. I’ve left it there for hours and no progress. I tried selecting one individual album that I saw didn’t get imported and it gets stuck at 0 of 25 every time.

It seems that there is something about some of my content at Flickr than smuglr is unhappy with. I’d be happy to help debug it if there’s a way to do this.

- Chris
  • spenkjenkspenkjenk Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 30, 2014
    Stuck on "Album Creation"
    Installed and worked one time to migrate from Picasa. Ever since has been stuck on "Album Creation" - 1st step. Uninstalled and retried, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • champvermontchampvermont Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 1, 2015
    Smugglr strips exif info for videos from picasa web albums
    Smugglr strips exif info for videos from picasa web albums

exif info for photos are preserved
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2015
    For any video upload to Smug the data is stripped.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • clindenclinden Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 2, 2015
    Hi,

Is this tools upposed to work between Picasa to Smugmug ? I can get some photos over but the tool always stops somewhere and just hangs.
    Running latest FF for Mac 34.05.

What are the limitations with this tool and some hints about possible solution would be great !

//C
  • screwscrew Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 15, 2016
    2012 limit
    Hi!

I am using your great tool, but I have got a lot of images in picasa and the tool just limit to the first 2012 image than the progress bars are stucked. What can I do?

thx in advance
  • cameratravcameratrav Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 1, 2016
    SmuggLr installed in Firefox 44 W10, not in menu?
    Hi, I am probably missing something really really obvious but although I have installed the SmuggLr add on to Firefox 44 (and can see it listed as running), it does not appear in the menu or in the available icons to add into the menu so I can't start it. It would be a very great help to migrate my photos from Picasa Web!

Richard
  • TheMaxxTheMaxx Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2016
    cameratrav wrote: »
    Hi, I am probably missing something really really obvious but although I have installed the SmuggLr add on to Firefox 44 (and can see it listed as running), it does not appear in the menu or in the available icons to add into the menu so I can't start it. It would be a very great help to migrate my photos from Picasa Web!

Richard

SmuggLr can be found hiding in Firefox's 'Tools' menu as shown in this screenshot: http://take.ms/AF9OL Give us a holler if you're still able to find it. :)
    _Chadd
    SmugMug Support Hero

Help Center - http://help.smugmug.com/
  • flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2016
    SmuggLr issues
    Folks -

Trying to make the move (back) to Smugmug, but I'm having issues with SmuggLr.

It brings over the file structure/hierarchy/folders, but just sit & stares at the actual images. (In other words, it completes the album creation, but doesn't do the next two tasks.)

Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • gibertigiberti Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2016
    Folks -

Trying to make the move (back) to Smugmug, but I'm having issues with SmuggLr.

It brings over the file structure/hierarchy/folders, but just sit & stares at the actual images. (In other words, it completes the album creation, but doesn't do the next two tasks.)

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Is this still happening?
    APIv2 and OAuth are your friend! Having issues? Just ask, I can help!
  • Martin27Martin27 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 11, 2016
    Sort order not preserved
    Hi,

SmuggLr worked well when transferring images from Picasa to SmugMug, but the image sort order within the albums was not preserved.
    Is there any option to keep the sort order?

Thanks
    Martin
  • gatrdavegatrdave Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 29, 2016
    Holy Cow!! This is AMAZING! I have been so upset with Flickr since they decided that our photos are for their use and will not allow us to opt out of their stupid autogenerated tags. I have 15,700 photos going back to 2000 and I was not looking forward to moving them manually. In fact, I'm not sure where some of them are anymore. This is great! Thank you so much!!!!
  • pookieboopookieboo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2016
    Smugglr stalls or stops
    The transfer between Picasa/Google keeps stalling. Is that normal? I have shut it down and restarted and I believe it picked up where it left off. Will I need to keep doing that?
  • saubersauber Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Thanks for making Smugglr. I have started using it to transfer an account from Phanfare. Albums transferred are fine, but the the transfer process stops after a while and I have to restart it. When it stops there is no information about why - progress just stops. After restarting it catches up from the last point and continues. But it's getting annoying, and after many restarts I have only been able to transfer about 10% of albums after several restarts spanning a few days. Having to re-enter credentials and authorization each time is also frustrating.

Is there any debug or log information available to help me understand why transfer stops? Is the source code available in case I want to change and submit a patch?
  • WoodButch4WoodButch4 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins

Can't see to get past the Authorize step to pull from Photobucket. I get the access code and paste it in, but nothing happens when I click the Process button. The only option at that point (and after many minutes of waiting) is Go Back or Cancel.

• WoodButch4WoodButch4 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins

Never mind. Got it to work finally.

• bobfabbobfab Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Hello, I am trying to run this plug-in to escape from photobucket. I cannot seem to get the access code from bucket to paste in.... please help!
  • steveboersteveboer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    The new version of Firefox has disabled Smugglr, it will no longer run :-(
  • tuggnettuggnet Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins

Is there any hope of Smugglr working with Firefox 57.0?

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

@steveboer said:
    The new version of Firefox has disabled Smugglr, it will no longer run :-(

@tuggnet said:
    Is there any hope of Smugglr working with Firefox 57.0?

We're looking into options for making Smugglr work in the newest versions of Firefox, however, for now, you'll need to downgrade firefox for Smugglr to work.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations