#99 - First Attempt

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited March 27, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is... well...a real challenge for me. Am I sort of on the right track here?

1. All Tuckered Out
Mt-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    I think it's too much like a drawing and not enough like a photo...Is there another version you can post where it's just a little less processed?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    I like your composition but agree that it looks too much like a sketch and not like a photo. Here's a discussion thread that may give you some post processing ideas. I don't know what you use as a photo editor but you might find something here in one of the links that you can use to make your image look like less of a sketch: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=138604 mwink.gif
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Thanks for the links, I'll try some of those. I was using the Topaz Simplify plug in... perhaps I went too far between photo and drawing. Just trying to have it look more like the art that Rockwell did than a photo.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    edited March 27, 2012
    OK... using the "brushstroke bonanza" technique from one of those links... I got this. Probably could do a better job of it... but is this on the right track?

AllTuckeredOut-L.jpg
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    I like the techinique on this second one much better. But, for me, the subject just isn't doing it. I have a hard time telling what I'm looking at......
    edited March 27, 2012
    I'm hoping to have some opportunities to shoot some other subjects this weekend. :)