Amazing wedding photography

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Nice :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    better then angie and heather feather for sure!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Bahahahahahahahaha. The shot in that gallery with the hand and motorcycle coming out of the curtain is priceless! Thanks so much for sharing this (literally) laugh out loud link.
    Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
    Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    better then angie and heather feather for sure!

Hey now!!! rolleyes1.gif
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Bahahahahahahahaha. The shot in that gallery with the hand and motorcycle coming out of the curtain is priceless! Thanks so much for sharing this (literally) laugh out loud link.

That was my favorite shot, I laughed out loud at that one too :lol
  • wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    I have seen this else were and my comments are simply all the basics were missed and it is clear they didnt check there shots.
    I think it shows that you just cannot get a camera and do a wedding
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    The comment about not using a flash because a photographer was epileptic was eek7.gif.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    wave01 wrote: »
    I have seen this else were and my comments are simply all the basics were missed and it is clear they didnt check there shots.
    I think it shows that you just cannot get a camera and do a wedding

you mean like this guy?
    http://appleton-wi.americanlisted.com/creative-services/cheap-photographer-close-if-not-the-same-quality-as-professional-ripon-wisconsin_21352271.html

Title is priceless
    I have a 2,000 dollar camera and I can take great quality pictures! You will not be disappointed!
  • mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I've got first hand experience with something similar that happen in recent wedding of my wife's cousin. People spent money like anything on their wedding, both bride and groom are doctors and money was not an issue. They booked whole Ramada Inn and one floor of Westin to accomodate guests coming from all over US and abroad for 3 days. But pictures that you see are simply awful. Not as bad as this in terms of blurry but it looks more like photographer took images out of his D700 slaped his watermark and just gave it to this guys. No consideration for any sort of editing or culling images which should not be released to clients. And this poor people paid 12K for 3 days of coverage (approx 20 hours of coverage -yes Indian weddings are bit crazy). This is one of reputable vendor in NJ who does mostly Indian weddings, so it is not like someone run of the mill/newbie trying to get into business.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    mjoshi123 wrote: »
    I've got first hand experience with something similar that happen in recent wedding of my wife's cousin. People spent money like anything on their wedding, both bride and groom are doctors and money was not an issue. They booked whole Ramada Inn and one floor of Westin to accomodate guests coming from all over US and abroad for 3 days. But pictures that you see are simply awful. Not as bad as this in terms of blurry but it looks more like photographer took images out of his D700 slaped his watermark and just gave it to this guys. No consideration for any sort of editing or culling images which should not be released to clients. And this poor people paid 12K for 3 days of coverage (approx 20 hours of coverage -yes Indian weddings are bit crazy). This is one of reputable vendor in NJ who does mostly Indian weddings, so it is not like someone run of the mill/newbie trying to get into business.

It's not about editing, it's not about culling, it's not about ANYTHING other than skill / talent and professionalism. I deliver SOOC images all the time, and many photographers deliver un-culled collections too. The only difference is, we know what the hell we're doing. Either we have a gift, or we at least busted our ass for years and years to gain something remotely resembling skill.

That, and a sense of professional responsibility, duty, standards, whatever you want to call it.

That is all that is lacking here. Skill and professionalism.

That is why you just NEVER hire someone that cannot come highly recommended by another past client, preferably an innumerable list of past clients, and preferably with the ability to see "entire weddings"... (Maybe just the best 200-400 shots, not all 1,000 if that is what is delivered)

I feel sorry for both parties involved. The photographer did something really stupid, but so did the client. They both learned a serious lesson, the worst possible way that such a lesson could be learned. :-(

=Matt=

1073235219_Gke5S-L.jpg
    (Two completely un-edited JPG's, SOOC)
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    I think he means if the SOOC images look bad yet the photog still chose not to edit.

I'd take 12k for 3 days any time...
    edited April 26, 2012
    I think he means if the SOOC images look bad yet the photog still chose not to edit.

I'd take 12k for 3 days any time...

Exactly he did not bother to put in some work to make it look better, it is password protected gallery on smugmug otherwise I'd have shared it here for people to see, Looks more like photographer literally dumped 3000 images he took from 3 days of coverage, slapped his watermark and be done with it. 95% of images are underexposed or badly composed with least amount of attention paid to details.
    And with regards to reputation he has his own studio in NJ and most of time serves Indian clients - I don't know how he is managing to keep going with this kind of work ?
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    i am not sure that posting his work is a good idea, specially his website is on there

but yeah, those are bad, but out of the 3000, i would like to see the best ones as well..
    edited April 26, 2012
    rhommel wrote: »
    i am not sure that posting his work is a good idea, specially his website is on there

but yeah, those are bad, but out of the 3000, i would like to see the best ones as well..

fair enough got rid of images, cannot share it.