Options

Smugmug IPad App Crashes

JimPR4JimPR4 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited December 30, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Smugmug app for IPad will be updated or replaced any time soon? It consistently crashes on my IPad 3 (New IPad) and based upon reviews in the app store it seems like many others are having the same issue.

Alternatively, are there any other apps that anyone can recommend that offer offline access? I've seen some other apps that look like this is in the works but I don't believe offer it as of yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2012
    Hi Jim

I don't have any specific info regarding any iPad App updates - but we did just release Camera Awesome for iPad :-)
    http://allthingsd.com/20121004/smugmugs-camera-awesome-app-will-now-awesomize-ipad-photos/?mod=tech

If you have any other questions, please contact the Heroes directly:
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2012
    Thanks Bobby, I've seen Camera Awesome and while it does look good I'm really more in need of an offline presentation tool rather than a capture tool for the IPad.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2012
    Jim,
    I was having some trouble with the iPad app also... just crashing as soon as I opened it. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it continued to crash as soon as I tried to log in.

Then, all of a sudden, last night I was finally able to log in and start accessing my galleries again. I've had no trouble with it since (and I tried logging out and back in a number of times). Give it another try and see if it's working for you. I'm pretty sure I didn't download an update yesterday, so I suspect there was something on SM's backend that wasn't jiving right with the app and they recently fixed that and didn't require an update.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2012
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Jim,
    I was having some trouble with the iPad app also... just crashing as soon as I opened it. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it continued to crash as soon as I tried to log in.

Then, all of a sudden, last night I was finally able to log in and start accessing my galleries again. I've had no trouble with it since (and I tried logging out and back in a number of times). Give it another try and see if it's working for you. I'm pretty sure I didn't download an update yesterday, so I suspect there was something on SM's backend that wasn't jiving right with the app and they recently fixed that and didn't require an update.

Chris,

I am happy to hear that it is now working for you! Jim, I responded to you in another thread.

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1839525#post1839525

Please let me know if you guys have any questions!

Michael
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    Michael, unfortunately you read the other post incorrectly. Re-installing the app did not resolve the problem, I have tried it multiple times and it consistently crashes.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    JimPR4 wrote: »
    Michael, unfortunately you read the other post incorrectly. Re-installing the app did not resolve the problem, I have tried it multiple times and it consistently crashes.

Jim, I had said to Chris that I was happy to hear his iPad app was working smoothly, even if it wasn't the uninstall/reinstall approach. I then mentioned to you that I had read and responded to your comment on another thread.

"Chris,

I am happy to hear that it is now working for you! Jim, I responded to you in another thread. "

I should have used my response to you on a separate line to avoid confusion. I do realize the app is not working for you currently.

I will provide an update as soon as it is ready to download.

Let me know if you have any questions Jim.

Michael
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    My apologies, I was the one who misread. :) Thanks for both of your replies.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    JimPR4 wrote: »
    My apologies, I was the one who misread. :) Thanks for both of your replies.

No worries Jim! I noticed how it could have been mis read when I re-read it in a fast manner. :)

You are at the top of my list to notify as soon as the update is available :ivar
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2012
    The SmugMug iPad app update has hit the App Store. The main bug fixed in this update takes care of the crashing that some users experienced. Please install and let me know how it works for you by replying to this thread. Thank you for your continued patience while we worked on delivering this update.

Michael

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2012
    Thanks Michael, I already replied in the "Fix the ... IPad App" thread and the update did fix my issue. Thanks again for working with the development team to resolve this and for the follow up, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2012
    No problem Jim! I am happy it is now working for you :D