Options

Army Strong

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited May 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
When my brother was deployed to Iraq they gave him this teddy bear to give to his kid... well he's 20 and doesn't have a kid.. so he gave it to me.

Anyways, here is a neat shot I took in my studio tonight.

Camera Settings: ISO 100, f/11, 38mm, 1/60s
580EX II Flash Setting: Manual Mode, 1/1, 35mm Zoom

Some may ask why 1/1... and my answer is this. I needed more power, so I reached up there, pressed the select button, turned the knob in the direction of turning it up, and hit the select button to set it... I went from shooting at 1/16 to 1/1.. completely on accident, but it allowed me to drop down to ISO 100 and f/11 without being underexposed... which is always good.

Picture of Setup: (I made that table!)
539342252_FELq7-L.jpg

Finished Product:
539337497_EF665-L.jpg
Jer

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    Nice result for your effort. You definitely put the nice light to it also. :D
    Interesting history to that bear.
    Michael
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    When my brother was deployed to Iraq they gave him this teddy bear to give to his kid... well he's 20 and doesn't have a kid.. so he gave it to me.

Anyways, here is a neat shot I took in my studio tonight.

Camera Settings: ISO 100, f/11, 38mm, 1/60s
    580EX II Flash Setting: Manual Mode, 1/1, 35mm Zoom

Some may ask why 1/1... and my answer is this. I needed more power, so I reached up there, pressed the select button, turned the knob in the direction of turning it up, and hit the select button to set it... I went from shooting at 1/16 to 1/1.. completely on accident, but it allowed me to drop down to ISO 100 and f/11 without being underexposed... which is always good.

Picture of Setup: (I made that table!)
    Finished Product:

Thank you for showing us your setup Jeremy, I like to see how folks make use of the area and equipment they have thumb.gif

Catch light in the bears eyes looks good, I have no clue about studio lights, but I like what you have achieved here.

Have you used just the flash and an umbrella for reflection,
    or have you used other lighting as well? .... well done clap.gifclap.gif

Lovely capture thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Thank you for showing us your setup Jeremy, I like to see how folks make use of the area and equipment they have thumb.gif

Catch light in the bears eyes looks good, I have no clue about studio lights, but I like what you have achieved here.

Have you used just the flash and an umbrella for reflection,
    or have you used other lighting as well? .... well done clap.gifclap.gif

Lovely capture thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

I shut the room's light off, and the only light eing used is my 580EX II on my light stand with umbrella. The table I used has a few layers of poly on it which makes it semi-reflective.
    thanks for your comments!
    Jer