• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Dgrin Forum Support the dgrin suggestion box

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 17  of  18
Old Nov-03-2011, 08:40 PM
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
Quote:
Originally Posted by VayCayMom View Post
Could we have a LIKE box for a thread AND responses? I only type with 2 fingers and often I want to agree with someone but am too lazy......
Are you talking about the Facebook like button? I'm not clear.

Also, it's pretty easy to type ": a g r e e" (without the spaces) to end up with this:
Old Nov-04-2011, 07:17 AM
DoctorIt is offline DoctorIt
vrooom!

Old Nov-08-2011, 10:35 AM
PhotoDavid78 is offline PhotoDavid78
Davidweissphotos.com
I propose we have an iPhoneography (smartphone) forum.
Smartphone photography is increasingly becoming a medium in which photographers can showcase their work while on the go. It is by no means a replacement for a professional SLR but it does provide a unique way of shooting and editing all on the same device.

The requirements for this forum should be all shooting and editing are done within the same smartphone.
Old Nov-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Andy is offline Andy OP
Bicameral
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDavid78 View Post
Smartphone photography is increasingly becoming a medium in which photographers can showcase their work while on the go. It is by no means a replacement for a professional SLR but it does provide a unique way of shooting and editing all on the same device.

The requirements for this forum should be all shooting and editing are done within the same smartphone.
Love the idea, let me talk it over with the mods and get back to you
Old Nov-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Mod Emeritus
Quote:

There is already a thread for this purpose.
Old Nov-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Davidweissphotos.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTO View Post
There is already a thread for this purpose.
Yes but what I am requesting is more than a thread, I would like I full forum like "macro", "people", etc.
Old Nov-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Mod Emeritus
Quote:
Yes but what I am requesting is more than a thread, I would like I full forum like "macro", "people", etc.
We'll certainly talk about it, but we've avoided having camera-centric forums. Other photography forums will have forums for only Canon or Nikon, or simply separate out DSLRs from P&S cameras. But we've always tried to put the emphasis on the photography itself rather than the gear it was shot with in our Shots forums.
Old Nov-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Davidweissphotos.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTO View Post
We'll certainly talk about it, but we've avoided having camera-centric forums. Other photography forums will have forums for only Canon or Nikon, or simply separate out DSLRs from P&S cameras. But we've always tried to put the emphasis on the photography itself rather than the gear it was shot with in our Shots forums.
gotcha
Old Mar-29-2012, 12:40 AM
insanefred is offline insanefred
Disgruntled Photographer
Would DG consider a non-adobe sub-forum?
I am kinda sick of searching through, adobe this adobe that. For those who prefer NOT to use LR or CS whatever. Can we have our own forum?

Please?

Mod Note: Moved to DG Suggestion Box
Old Mar-29-2012, 09:05 AM
MarkR is offline MarkR
Accused Shill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanefred View Post
I am kinda sick of searching through, adobe this adobe that. For those who prefer NOT to use LR or CS whatever. Can we have our own forum?

Please?

Mod Note: Moved to DG Suggestion Box
I sort of understand this feeling-- I came to CS and LR the long way around, starting with Corel, Bibble, Lightzone ... but!

1. Doing this tends to marginalize non-adobe users even more. Think about the Flea Market-- Canon, Nikon, and everyone else getting lumped under "other." Really, if you have a question or technique for Bibble (or whatever), getting as many eyes on it as possible is better than having it languish in a subforum that most people won't visit because they feel it won't apply to them.

2. Where does the person who's Aperture-to-Photoshop workflow broke post?
Old Sep-15-2012, 02:23 PM
ForceGhost is offline ForceGhost
Big grins
Thought of an Amazing idea! What about a review forum? Where we can post reviews of various gear that we love/hate.
Old Sep-15-2012, 03:09 PM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceGhost View Post
Thought of an Amazing idea! What about a review forum? Where we can post reviews of various gear that we love/hate.
You mean this?
Old Sep-15-2012, 03:18 PM
ForceGhost is offline ForceGhost
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
You mean this?
Damd! thought i was onto a good one then!
Old Sep-15-2012, 03:42 PM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceGhost View Post
Damd! thought i was onto a good one then!
Never hurts to ask
Old Sep-24-2012, 04:36 AM
macromeister is offline macromeister
SMUG anarchist!
Can we please have BBCode tags for video posts - like [video] or [youtube] or [youtubehd] etc? It's a bit casual just having a url link to a video.
Old Sep-24-2012, 06:29 AM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macromeister View Post
Can we please have BBCode tags for video posts - like [video] or [youtube] or [youtubehd] etc? It's a bit casual just having a url link to a video.
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll have a look at it.
Old Sep-24-2012, 06:41 AM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macromeister View Post

By the way, I forgot to mention you can use the embed code for youtube, vimeo and other video providers.
Old Sep-24-2012, 07:10 AM
macromeister is offline macromeister
SMUG anarchist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
By the way, I forgot to mention you can use the embed code for youtube, vimeo and other video providers.
Oooo, yes, so you can! Take out the video if it's in the way (or too scary)
Old Aug-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Vanlippe is offline Vanlippe
Big grins
Update Support menu
The Support forum now has new threads for "New SmugMug Customization" and "Legacy SmugMug Customization". I missed those, however, because I kept looking in the "Support" menu under the Digital Grin banner (you know - the one between "Wide Angle" and "New Stuff".

So - suggestion is - how about updating that menu to show the new forums which have been added?
Old Aug-06-2013, 06:46 PM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanlippe View Post
The Support forum now has new threads for "New SmugMug Customization" and "Legacy SmugMug Customization". I missed those, however, because I kept looking in the "Support" menu under the Digital Grin banner (you know - the one between "Wide Angle" and "New Stuff".

So - suggestion is - how about updating that menu to show the new forums which have been added?
Thank you. We'll get there shortly