Options

Matt's Senior Project

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited December 30, 2011 in People
I had a chance to see a photograph of the collection of images Matt chose to print for the "product" for his senior project. It was a super nice looking set that even a seasoned photographer would be happy to call his/her own. This has been a super fun project for me, and even helped me by forcing me to think about the basic technical aspects that I often don't think much about....er do it without thinking. For our final shoot, I lent Matt my old trusty XTi and bag of lenses. I had nearly forgotten how that camera and 17-55 F2.8IS lens can produce some of the cleanest and sharpest SOOC images I've ever seen. I had relegated it to duty in my woodshop.....but....maybe I'll have to get it out of that dusty workshop and give it a workout someday soon.

One of the biggest payoffs was seeing how excited that Matt got when he saw a great looking image peeking back at him through the viewfinder. He also got to relish in the satisfaction of recieving compliments and praise from his clients....and their mothers. As many of you know, REALLY pleasing a client can be VERY gratifying.

I doubt Matt will ever again use a DSLR in any mode other than manual.....and he will always keep sight of the histogram on "image review".:D

Here are a few of my images from our final shoot together. Next week, I'll be shooting Matt's senior portraits!:wink

1-
i-sPtxq7V-XL.jpg

2-
i-RfWgfNf-XL.jpg

3-
i-V84Lcn2-XL.jpg

4-
i-THSWKgg-XL.jpg

5-
i-LqdhDH8-XL.jpg

6-
i-jpBGMc4-XL.jpg

7-
i-SDM8zLw-XL.jpg

8-
i-HZGzn2m-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Dear Matt,

Aperture priority is also acceptable.

Signed,

Guy who once thought M was all that existed.