• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Sports 2012 Tour de Millersburg

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Mar-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Gary752 is online now Gary752 OP
Major grins
2012 Tour de Millersburg
Over the winter I was bored and decided to revisit some of my photos to see what I could do differently. I picked this particular photo to see what I could do to come up with something that might be able to be used for possible advertising. Below is what I came up with. I took a few of my other shots and this one and put them on a CD and showed them to one of the persons responsible for the advertising of the Tour de Millersburg and they really liked this one. They said there is a very strong possibility that they will use some of them in the flier for the upcoming race.

I'm thinking about printing this one BIG to hang on my wall. Is there anything I can do to make this better? I have thick skin and I'm open to any and all suggestions.

GaryB
Old Mar-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Gary752 is online now Gary752 OP
Major grins
Here are 3 that I ran through Corel Painter Photo Essentials that I thought looked different. I doubt these could be used for advertiseing, but who knows! As always, C & C welcomed!

GaryB
Old Mar-19-2012, 06:57 PM
FlyNavy is online now FlyNavy
John L
I like #3 the best.
Tell The World!