• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Journeys Rush Hour in Turkey (big)

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 1  of  2
1 2
Old Feb-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Awais Yaqub is offline Awais Yaqub OP
One Inspired soul
Rush Hour in Turkey (big)
Hello guys, long time no see

Last weekend i took flight to Turkey for official duty i had one full day in Istanbul! Then i flew to Ankara and back to Pakistan. The day i landed Istanbul was grey and snowy but i walked around in that wind. Click image for large. I relied on my 7D, 17-40, 70-200mk2 and tripod :)

2nd and only full day in Istanbul, in the middle of sight seeing i forgot its only day and i have to rush to see all places but it was too late, but i enjoyed every bit of what i did or learned. Cannot forget those welcoming smiles and yummy food Turkish people make.

and before i took flight to Ankara 3rd day

And i reached Ankara

And next morning i took flight to Pakistan.

Gallery

Last edited by Awais Yaqub; Feb-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old Feb-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Travel is online now Travel
Major grins
Nice work!
Old Mar-01-2012, 05:07 PM
dave6253 is offline dave6253
Major grins
Stunning as always, A.Y. Thanks for sharing. I love the great light and color in each.
Old Mar-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Stella7d is offline Stella7d
Major grins
Wonderful series!! Your images are beautiful & colorful and represent the area well......I feel like I just went on a trip there!
Old Mar-02-2012, 01:21 PM
denisegoldberg is offline denisegoldberg
Major grins
Beautiful Awais! It's hard to pick a favorite from the set (as there are multiples that jump out at me).

--- Denise

Musings & ramblings at http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com, quick posts in google+
Old Mar-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Art Scott is offline Art Scott
Have PASSPORT will TRAVEL
What a fantastic set of images...really surprised at how many shops' sings are in english...WOW.

A ZENFOLIO 10% Discount Coupon CODE - A8K-Q2K-VPG
Old Mar-05-2012, 08:49 AM
One Inspired soul
Thanks everyone! it is awesome city want to go back :)

Gallery
Old Mar-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Ed911 is offline Ed911
Major grins
Great series...loved the feeling I get when the images are this nice...makes me feel like I'm right there along side, walking with you. That first image is really gripping...eye candy.

Thanks for sharing. Good job.

Ed
Old Mar-13-2012, 08:31 AM
One Inspired soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed911 View Post
Great series...loved the feeling I get when the images are this nice...makes me feel like I'm right there along side, walking with you. That first image is really gripping...eye candy.

Thanks for sharing. Good job.
Thanks a lot Ed for kind words and stopping by. I hope to photowalk with dgrinners at Istanbul it is so awesome

Gallery
Old Mar-13-2012, 08:52 AM
aj986s is offline aj986s
Major grins
Another set of stunning pics! You have a great eye.
Autocross and Track junkie
tonyp.smugmug.com
Old Mar-20-2012, 07:50 PM
One Inspired soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj986s View Post
Another set of stunning pics! You have a great eye.
Thanks Tony!!

Gallery
Old Mar-30-2012, 07:27 AM
shawnc is offline shawnc
shawnc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella7d View Post
Wonderful series!! Your images are beautiful & colorful and represent the area well......I feel like I just went on a trip there!
I'm with Stella! I was there with with you and smelling that delicious looking food. Wonderful street Photog. Love the interior shots too.
Old Mar-30-2012, 08:38 AM
WillCAD is offline WillCAD
Grinning Buffoon
Wonderful series of images, Awais. Your photos are all works of art.

I really love how you captured all of the vivid colors, and I also love that you took many photos of food.

In frame #8, what is the food on the spit? We have spits like that in some American restaurants, where they roast lamb and beef for gyros, but the meat in your photo looks more like chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Scott View Post
What a fantastic set of images...really surprised at how many shops' sings are in english...WOW.
I was thinking the same thing as I looked through the images, Art.
Old Apr-04-2012, 12:33 AM
One Inspired soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
I'm with Stella! I was there with with you and smelling that delicious looking food. Wonderful street Photog. Love the interior shots too.

Thanks Shawnc, it is beautiful place missed a lot due to time

Gallery
Old Apr-04-2012, 12:40 AM
One Inspired soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCAD View Post
Wonderful series of images, Awais. Your photos are all works of art.

I really love how you captured all of the vivid colors, and I also love that you took many photos of food.

In frame #8, what is the food on the spit? We have spits like that in some American restaurants, where they roast lamb and beef for gyros, but the meat in your photo looks more like chicken.

I was thinking the same thing as I looked through the images, Art.

Thanks Will, You got it right its Gyro/doner kabab/shawarma, yes its chicken meat.

As far as English signs are concerned, it might be due to tourism because in general i found limited english in Turkey compared to Pakistan, we use lot of english in daily life!

Gallery
Old Apr-07-2012, 07:10 AM
avangardphoto is offline avangardphoto
Big grins
Cool shots. Thanks for posting.
Mario
Old Apr-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Tango is offline Tango
way out there
amazing Awais! 1 & 7 and the coin shot
Old Apr-12-2012, 01:56 AM
One Inspired soul
Thanks Aaron and Mario!

Gallery
Old Apr-13-2012, 10:36 AM
PhotogWade is offline PhotogWade
Beginner grinner
Great series. You really highlighted all of the vibrant colors in Istanbul and brought back memories of my trip to Turkey! Love the wide angle shot of the inside of Hagia Sophia.
Old Apr-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Arvan is offline Arvan
Major grins
This is great! Thanx
Tell The World!