• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots The Dgrin Challenges #99 - First Attempt

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Mar-25-2012, 07:07 PM
PedalGirl is offline PedalGirl OP
Major grins
#99 - First Attempt
This challenge is... well...a real challenge for me. Am I sort of on the right track here?

1. All Tuckered Out
Old Mar-26-2012, 07:43 AM
kdotaylor is offline kdotaylor
Major grins
I think it's too much like a drawing and not enough like a photo...Is there another version you can post where it's just a little less processed?
Old Mar-26-2012, 08:14 AM
richtersl is offline richtersl
Major grins
I like your composition but agree that it looks too much like a sketch and not like a photo. Here's a discussion thread that may give you some post processing ideas. I don't know what you use as a photo editor but you might find something here in one of the links that you can use to make your image look like less of a sketch: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=138604

http://lrichters.smugmug.com
Old Mar-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Major grins
Thanks for the links, I'll try some of those. I was using the Topaz Simplify plug in... perhaps I went too far between photo and drawing. Just trying to have it look more like the art that Rockwell did than a photo.
Old Mar-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Major grins
OK... using the "brushstroke bonanza" technique from one of those links... I got this. Probably could do a better job of it... but is this on the right track?

Old Mar-27-2012, 09:22 AM
sweetharmony is offline sweetharmony
Major grins
I like the techinique on this second one much better. But, for me, the subject just isn't doing it. I have a hard time telling what I'm looking at......

My Smugmug Photos
Old Mar-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Major grins
I'm hoping to have some opportunities to shoot some other subjects this weekend. :)