• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Documentary The human tripod

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Javier is offline Javier OP
Major grins
The human tripod

The human tripod. by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr
Old Apr-23-2012, 10:06 PM
reyvee61 is offline reyvee61
Major grins
Ha, it looks like he's sneaking a shot!
Old Apr-24-2012, 06:56 AM
RSL is offline RSL
Streeter
It really works, Javier. The window poster behind the guy is a fine touch, and the sweeps in the pedestal he's hiding behind, pointing toward him, top it off.

Last edited by RSL; Apr-26-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Apr-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Major grins
Thanks folks. I appreciate the kind words. :)
Old Apr-26-2012, 07:27 AM
lensmole is offline lensmole
Major grins
Fantastic capture !
Old Apr-26-2012, 10:16 AM
bdcolen is offline bdcolen
CaptureReality
Very nice image. But I'd really skip, or rethink, the titles - I had no idea what to expect with this title, and still don't 'get it.' But I like the image.

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
Old Apr-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcolen View Post
Very nice image. But I'd really skip, or rethink, the titles - I had no idea what to expect with this title, and still don't 'get it.' But I like the image.
Thanks
Once again we will have to agree to disagree. I like the title and so did many others on my flickr, so I will stay with it. :)

By the way, I was going through your blog last night and I really don't get allot of it.
Like this page for example
http://www.bdcolenphoto.com/Personal...7150&k=StbqJXJ
The cut off limbs and many looking alike. What am I missing?
Old Apr-28-2012, 04:37 AM
bdcolen is offline bdcolen
CaptureReality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Thanks
Once again we will have to agree to disagree. I like the title and so did many others on my flickr, so I will stay with it. :)

By the way, I was going through your blog last night and I really don't get allot of it.
Like this page for example
http://www.bdcolenphoto.com/Personal...7150&k=StbqJXJ
The cut off limbs and many looking alike. What am I missing?
Not a blog, Javier, just a gallery on my website. But more to the point, it's simply a series of photos of people walking by the same place, over a four hour period, in changing light. I was intrigued by he juxtaposition of wheels and legs, and the legs clothed differently. End of story. See in the images what you will, or won't. In terms of street phtography, I am far, far more interested in ambiguous images the viewer has to think about, than I am in images that telegraph some obvious story or statement (see my Leonard Freed signature quote.) Are there too many images in that series? Probably - I should edit it down. Also, though, I should say that I am a bit concerned that when I post a comment saying that I really like an image of yours, but don't get the title and wouldn't title it, you respond by going to my website, finding something you don't like, and linking to it. That strikes me as a bit hostile - or am I reading something into your response that wasn't there?

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Last edited by bdcolen; Apr-28-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Tell The World!