• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots The Dgrin Challenges DSS#102 - "With a clear stream" - C & C Appreciated

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old May-07-2012, 02:41 AM
torrbrae is offline torrbrae OP
Torrbrae
DSS#102 - "With a clear stream" - C & C Appreciated
Lovely poem - as noted by the others in the challenges thread plenty of room for interpretation. From my reading imagine a babbling brook through a copse of trees, with birds singing in the boughs.
Going through Autumn now, so have not been able to take any "spring" photos, but be interested in comments as to how these pictures suit the poem:

#1 With a Clear Stream

#2 - have Ortonised this shot to give a softer look - does the effect enhance the photo?

Is #2 too Autumn to suit the poem?
Old May-07-2012, 03:50 AM
rteest42 is offline rteest42
Major grins
I actually think 2 is more spring, simply because the Orton has softened/brightened the spring-y greens!!! Nice shots, both of them!!! (tomorrow, I head out to shoot for this, instead of oh, housework!!!)
Old May-07-2012, 05:56 AM
kdotaylor is offline kdotaylor
Major grins
I agree. The colors in #1 are dark and still....but not so spring-like as #2, which is just lovely! I do like the Orton effect on this, makes it look so soft and calm.
Old May-07-2012, 09:01 AM
richtersl is offline richtersl
Major grins
I love the different shades of violet and blue in the first one. The second one does say "autumn" a bit more only because I see the leaves on the ground. Can you make that brown hue look more pink/magenta so the brown leaves look like fallen blossoms?

http://lrichters.smugmug.com
Old May-08-2012, 02:30 AM
torrbrae is offline torrbrae OP
Torrbrae
Thank you for the comments - have tried making the fallen leaves pink, does this make it look more spring-y?

Old May-08-2012, 06:40 AM
richtersl is offline richtersl
Major grins
Yes, that works! Can you add the same touches of pink to the brown leaves on the tree? There's a a bit of a disconnect between the pink on the ground and the brown on the tree. You picked a gorgeous shade of pink.

http://lrichters.smugmug.com
Old May-14-2012, 04:51 PM
dlscott56 is offline dlscott56
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by richtersl View Post
Yes, that works! Can you add the same touches of pink to the brown leaves on the tree? There's a a bit of a disconnect between the pink on the ground and the brown on the tree. You picked a gorgeous shade of pink.

My Photos

My Facebook

Tell The World!