Options

Come on already! Multiple issues.

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I'm still finding multiple issues with my site. Sometimes when I go to a gallery (doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to which one) and click on a photo all I get is a blank screen. When I finally get a photo to show up I can't change the size of the photo. Then other times I only see half of the photo.

Another issue is sometimes the thumbnail image doesn't show up, but other times it does.

Seems like Smug has issues on their end, depending on the gallery styles perhaps?

We didn't used to have folder passwords, as far as I can remember, but now we do...which I could do without.

The "remember me" thing doesn't seem to work as I have to type in my password for each gallery.

I'm sure there are a few other issues as well, be these are the ones that are giving me a frigging headache.

Anyone? :scratch
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    I was contacted last night by someone trying to enter a password protected gallery, apparently the password only worked when it wanted to.....and they tell me they entered it the same way every time. I tend to believe them, since the new site doesn't always seem to work like it should.

I'd still like to know if I'm the only one having the troubles I mentioned above.
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Couldn't tell you, I have decided to stay in legacy mode until SM shows they have the situation under control and brought some of the features back some of the features removed by the "new" version.

Best of luck getting it resolved, reading through the threads here I'm sure support is overwhelmed right now.
  • Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Not 100% sure I understand all your issues but you can turn passwords on and off on a folder by folder basis. From the folder settings menu. Guessing that maybe areas of you gallery structure are inheriting password settings you don't want.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    WiscoFrank wrote: »
    Not 100% sure I understand all your issues but you can turn passwords on and off on a folder by folder basis. From the folder settings menu. Guessing that maybe areas of you gallery structure are inheriting password settings you don't want.

I didn't set any passwords for the folders, and even if I seemingly remove a password the was there, it still asks for one. headscratch.gif

There are a lot of bugs with the new SmugMug and I'm none too happy to be paying more money for this "privilege".

Today when I logged into my site it gave me a "warning' that said I was about to enter my new site......my "new" site has been live for a couple of weeks now. headscratch.gif I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be getting this message any longer.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Still wondering. Everytime I send an e-mail to the "hero's" I get what appears to be some automated mass email, which I guess is supposed to make me feel better.....but it actually just pisses me off, since nothing appears to be getting done.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    I just went to my site, not logged in, again and found that gallery thumbs I could once see are gone again. WTF?

This is really getting old. :(:
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Jeffro wrote: »
    I just went to my site, not logged in, again and found that gallery thumbs I could once see are gone again. WTF?

This is really getting old. :(:

Leave the page, come back, a thumb that was missing is there.....there's got to be some kind of a bug here.

Refresh page and more go away.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Jeff, please tell us what browsers, OS etc you are using. Try with multiple browsers and take videos and screenshots with links to specific pages that are giving you issues. I really haven't heard of these issues from anyone else so all the info you can provide would be appreciated.
  • Options
    ctvaderctvader Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I've noticed when you click on a thumbnail in a gallery the photo doesn't load all the way; maybe 1/4,1/3 or 1/2 of the photo loads. If you refresh the page, the photo loads. I've seen on multiple galleries on multiple sites.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I've also seen this cutting off of photos on the lightbox. It just gives up after a bit - for me normally around 3/4 of the way down. Several different smugmug sites affected by this.

Another example when viewing michael's site (Chrome, Windows 7):

i-VbwmMj9-M.png

If you scroll through the lightbox and the next photo fails to load completely, you're left with part of the previous photo showing, in a bizarre photo equivalent of Heads,Bodies and Tails
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I have the same issue with images not working in a Chrome browser.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    I have the same issue with images not working in a Chrome browser.

I've seen it on my site in OS X using the Chrome browser - occasionally the lightbox image only partially loads. As mentioned by others, a refresh usually fixes it.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    ctvader wrote: »
    I've noticed when you click on a thumbnail in a gallery the photo doesn't load all the way; maybe 1/4,1/3 or 1/2 of the photo loads. If you refresh the page, the photo loads. I've seen on multiple galleries on multiple sites.

Yep, I get that, but it's hit and miss. I get it on my PC and my work PC, both Windows 7 /Chrome or IE.
    paulbrock wrote: »
    I've also seen this cutting off of photos on the lightbox. It just gives up after a bit - for me normally around 3/4 of the way down. Several different smugmug sites affected by this.

Another example when viewing michael's site (Chrome, Windows 7):

i-VbwmMj9-M.png

If you scroll through the lightbox and the next photo fails to load completely, you're left with part of the previous photo showing, in a bizarre photo equivalent of Heads,Bodies and Tails

I get that too....hit and miss as well.

The family folders give me the biggest issue, sometimes the thumbs are there, sometimes they're not.

i-bFkqWJx-X2.jpg
    IE

i-D77XQzF-X2.jpg
    Chrome

Refresh the page and the thumbs may or may not change.

If I'm missing something in the settings I'd like to know what it is. I don't even seem to be able to make the password on the folders (which I don't recall having in Legacy) go away.

The whole thing is a bit of a pain, and the increase in cost doesn't make it sit any better.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    YOINKS! I haven't seen broken thumbs on my site using any browser.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    YOINKS! I haven't seen broken thumbs on my site using any browser.

Consider yourself lucky.

I'd just like to know if it's user error or a Smug error....but getting an answer to that seems to be next to impossible.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Today the thumbs were all there.....who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Edit: spoke too soon, the family folder thumb is missing when I hit the "browse" link....but all the family gallery thumbs were showing once inside the family folder....so I guess that's something. Still not perfect, but it's getting there.
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Sorry for your troubles. I'm using latest Chrome for Macintosh and using OSX 10.6.8. I do not have this problem at all. I have not gone live yet.
  • Options
    kidego32kidego32 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    I have the same issue. Some thumbnails don't show, and when clicking on a thumb, the picture only loads partially or sometimes not at all. It's hard to predict, as it's random. Refreshing usually helps. This is on OSX with Chrome.
  • Options
    mmcguiremmcguire Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2013
    I get the same half loaded images in the lightbox. According to support this is a known issue with Safari. I have been able to duplicate the issue in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome on a Mac and in Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    A test group, or larger test group, should have gone live before this was offered to the entire community.....as it seems the problems number in the thousands.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    A test group, or larger test group, should have gone live before this was offered to the entire community.....as it seems the problems number in the thousands.

maybe that was the intention. I'm not sure they anticipated everyone rushing over to the new design at once...
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited August 12, 2013
    Hey Jeff, do you have any anti-virus software running that could slow down pages? Also, what about browser plugins?

If you are running AV software, can you disable it (or try from another machine)?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    Hey Jeff, do you have any anti-virus software running that could slow down pages? Also, what about browser plugins?

If you are running AV software, can you disable it (or try from another machine)?

I've checked this on different machines and it's been hit and miss on all three, one machine has no anti virus on it.

It looks to be getting better. I don't know if that's just dumb luck or if Smug has been working on it. Today the family thumb is still missing, for me anyway, when I click my "browse" link.

It's way better than it was right after the launch of the new Smug.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited August 13, 2013
    I've checked this on different machines and it's been hit and miss on all three, one machine has no anti virus on it.

It looks to be getting better. I don't know if that's just dumb luck or if Smug has been working on it. Today the family thumb is still missing, for me anyway, when I click my "browse" link.

It's way better than it was right after the launch of the new Smug.

Just really strange. I don't see any of the slow/no loading of images-which is not to say it doesn't happen, just that something is different.

Do people off your physical network report the same problem? If the page with the Family thumb on it is loaded and not showing, what happens if you hit Shift+Reload to reload the page?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?