Options

Add Randomize to the Gallery Slideshow

mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
Phaserbeam would like to have the Random slideshow option in the gallery slideshow

Comments

• Options
    GuyGGGuyGG Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2013
    As would I. And scaling smaller images to full screen during them. Heck, having ANY settings during gallery slideshows would be nice (speed, etc). The slideshow content block seems to get some attention, but never the simple gallery slideshow. As somebody who never uses the content block but often uses the simple slideshow button in a gallery, the lack of features and also the glitches (the "skipping photos" issue that's already in the active bug list), are rather frustrating. I will, on occasion, download entire galleries just so I can properly do slideshows with them for people.
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2014
    Any news on that one?
    Since there is no option to randomize the order of photos in a gallery (would be nice to add such an sort option to the organizer...) i had to use manual order and move the photos in the organizer around so the slideshow looks "random" while it just is manually sorted. Lots of work.

The slideshow widget allows random order so does the background slideshow. Why not the gallery slideshow?
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Any news on that one?
    Since there is no option to randomize the order of photos in a gallery (would be nice to add such an sort option to the organizer...) i had to use manual order and move the photos in the organizer around so the slideshow looks "random" while it just is manually sorted. Lots of work.

The slideshow widget allows random order so does the background slideshow. Why not the gallery slideshow?
    \

I've also been paitiently waiting on this for the gallery slideshow. Need the options, including captions and titles, to return this to the valuable feature it once was. I have people who like to follow our travels and I used to refer them to the gallery slideshow...not much point now if they don't know what they're looking at.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2014
    raebrown wrote: »
    Need the options, including captions and titles, to return this to the valuable feature it once was.

+1
    I fixed that by creating a custom page using the slideshow-widget and added some CSS to make the page look like the gallery slideshow.

I removed the hack because i noticed that there is no way to let the visitor read the complete captions text (or you need some more CSS to fix that).

The gallery slideshow definitely needs more options and should add the features available in lightbox (expand captions on mouse-over for example). And while reading the captions (panel is expanded) the slideshow should not move forward to the next photo.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2014
    Still on the docket Phaserbeam. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I want this feature too.