Pond Critters

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited September 30, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I like wildlife but these guys are living a luxurious life in a Japanese Garden. In their own world they probably think they are wild. All criticism and helpful pointers are heartily cherished.

1)

1W7A7955-X3.jpg

2)

1W7A7960-X3.jpg

3)

IMG_9172-X3.jpg

4)

IMG_9165-X3.jpg

5)

IMG_9166-X3.jpg

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2014
    #1 is wonderful, great composition too. #4 is almost an abstract if you cropped it in, not saying that you should, it is good as is. Nice work.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    I love #4 and #1 (in that order). On #1 I'd slightly burn in the bright Lily Pads and even so lightly on top the head between the eyes. On #4 I'd burn in the snout just a smidgeon. I have a little pond in the back with some Koi and Red Eared Sliders ... I can relate to your life of Riley remarks.

Gary

PS- maybe a square crop on these two would put the images even more "in your face" ... just a thought.
    G
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Talk about getting close to nature!

Good stuff!!

Sam
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    The color fotos are very nice.

I don't think the b&w works well with what are very colorful tortugas.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Juano wrote: »
    #1 is wonderful, great composition too. #4 is almost an abstract if you cropped it in, not saying that you should, it is good as is. Nice work.

Cristobal trust your artsy eye completely! So that is home work for me....after I get back from work!:D
    Thanks m8!
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    I love #4 and #1 (in that order). On #1 I'd slightly burn in the bright Lily Pads and even so lightly on top the head between the eyes. On #4 I'd burn in the snout just a smidgeon. I have a little pond in the back with some Koi and Red Eared Sliders ... I can relate to your life of Riley remarks.

Gary

PS- maybe a square crop on these two would put the images even more "in your face" ... just a thought.
    G

Thanks Gary! I know exactly what you are talking about. Did try some of it, but not enough.......all shot in harsh light so had issues. I would tinker with them again today! Thanks for valuable feedback!!
    Sam wrote: »
    Talk about getting close to nature!

Good stuff!!

Sam

Thanks Sam! They expect to be fed. That works for me!:D
    willard3 wrote: »
    The color fotos are very nice.

I don't think the b&w works well with what are very colorful tortugas.

Thanks Willard! Just though variety and patterns would create a slightly different look. They are indeed beautiful colored creatures and that is my first preference!
  • junglejimjunglejim Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    #1 is #1
    Another vote for #1. I love the colors and it is like an interior decorator was matching the colors.!
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins
    I like them all, but #1 is my favourite. thumb.gif
    junglejim wrote: »
    Another vote for #1. I love the colors and it is like an interior decorator was matching the colors.!
    GSPeP wrote: »
    I like them all, but #1 is my favourite. thumb.gif

Thanks guys! I would have gotten more of that guy, but he spotted me and whoosh....no more! Cheers!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    I too prefer the color shots. They're all really good but as others have said, #1 rocks. clap.gif
    Richard wrote: »
    I too prefer the color shots. They're all really good but as others have said, #1 rocks. clap.gif

Thanks Richard!wings.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    Richard wrote: »

15524779-Ti.gif Good stuff, Taz. Keep 'um coming.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    15524779-Ti.gif Good stuff, Taz. Keep 'um coming.

Tom

Thanks Tom as always!!