A " Calling "

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 3, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Most of you know that old pard Randy has been enjoying the Summer stashed away in a fly fisherman's heaven. He commented that a river shot of mine was a "calling " to him....stirring the passion to get a fly in the water. Well, this river in Yellowstone must have been shouting its song, as the area was flush with guys ( and a couple of gals ) flailing the air with the fly rods.

Yellowstone%201%20078-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2014
    Nice, makes me want to be there...
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice, makes me want to be there...

Right beyond the point where the river takes a turn to the left, a rock out-cropping afforded the chance to sit and dangle your feet in the water. Boy, that sure helped some hiking-weary feet.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2014
    Oh my, I feel faint. Send me the GPS coordinates, I'm heading there now, fly rod in hand!

I saw three nice trout rise while I was looking at your picture...

BTW: * You seem to have some real talent with greens. Beautiful! *

As a side note:
    Thanks for putting your feet in the river. Now all the fish are going to STINK!!!
    Randy
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Lovely scene! Five star! Glitter on the river acting like leading line! Cluster of leaves in foreground just brilliant! And overall joyous green! Can't express how much I love this shot! Harsh light and still great capture!clap.gif

You keep this up and we would have to start calling you Green Mamba!
    rwells wrote: »
    Oh my, I feel faint. Send me the GPS coordinates, I'm heading there now, fly rod in hand!

I saw three nice trout rise while I was looking at your picture...

BTW: * You seem to have some real talent with greens. Beautiful! *

As a side note:
    Thanks for putting your feet in the river. Now all the fish are going to STINK!!!

I figured if this one didn't raise the hair on your neck, Pard, I was going to pack it in. I guess it's like golf was to me....doing something you absolutely love, while enjoying beautiful surroundings.

You know, buddy, you Texans are better at anything than the rest of us mortals. Talk about stinky feet!! You want to catch your limit el pronto....just strut yourself on into the water. You'll kill dozens of the poor things and you'll be able to stop chunking hand grenades at them like you've been doing.:hide

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2014
    I could sit there all day long.
    edited October 2, 2014
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I could sit there all day long.

After a brutal hike up Mt. Washburn earlier that day, I literally flopped down beside this river, got my feet into the water, and promised the Lord that if he got me out of Yellowstone alive, I'd quit this crazy mountain hiking. Darlene said she'd never heard such wailing. I don't know why it is but she sometimes reminds me of Garfield....no sympathy at all.

Good to hear from you, Mary. I hope you and John are doing well.

Tom
  • Spinner of TalesSpinner of Tales Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2014
    Yur killing me! Beautiful.

Spinner
    edited October 3, 2014
    Yur killing me! Beautiful.

Spinner

Hi Spinner,

It's great to have you drop by. Do I detect a vibe that says you are yourself a fly-fishing guy?

Tom