What best video settings

beijingvideoLewisSandlerbeijingvideoLewisSandler Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited February 1, 2010 in Video
Hi all, I just joined the Pro SmugMug.. I specialize in videos but Im having problems understanding best video settings for SmugMug. Every website has its own best settings . I am located in Beijing, China.

I have a Mac . I use H.264 codec in Quicktime. For 1280X 720 size video what does SmugMug recommend as to bit rate (such as 5000 or 4500 etc) and is 1280x720 best standard size. I have used 1920x1080p as my camera Canon XHA1s supports it but i dont see any difference between the higher HD and the "normal HD" 1280x720. Maybe SmugMug could provide more details about settings for uploading to SmugMug for best quality .. Now, it only provides very general format settings about size.....One last question ..Does anyone do color correction from Mac to a Windows PC.. Most users in China use Windows PC and the colors look washed out when i view the video or photo on a PC even though my Mac shows brilliant colors. Does anyone have a standard conversion color correction from MAC to Windows PC during the editing process for photos or videos. ? Any answers are much appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited February 1, 2010
    Scroll down to the "Support" forums, and then the "SmugMug Video Support" forum.

http://dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Look in the top 2 threads for many answers and links to answers. If you have further questions relating to posting video on Smugmug, that is the correct forum.

The "Video" forum is more for showing your work and for questions relating to video production. Feel free to post back in the Video forum if you want to showcase your work.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums