881238525_vZZkf-XL.jpg

881273085_s3irX-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Relaxin' in a time machine! :-) I like the first more than the second because of that rope in the second - It suggests something going on, without giving me even the slightest hint as to what it might be. Ambiguity is good; teasing isn't. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Relaxin' in a time machine! :-) I like the first more than the second because of that rope in the second - It suggests something going on, without giving me even the slightest hint as to what it might be. Ambiguity is good; teasing isn't. ;-)

Thanks for the insight BD. I wanted to grab these images without the subjects turning to the camera and so as you can see below rope was everywhere. I removed a lot of it but felt I might not be able to reconstruct the man's hand very well in the second one especially if I removed the iron stake as well. In the second one I had to crop tight from the left to avoid obvious 21st century items from intruding.

Here is the uncropped first one converted in ACR and not further edited.

881712877_FtGn3-XL.jpg

And here is the second one cropped to remove a line of parked cars but with all the rope present.

881712962_BY8Hy-XL.jpg

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)