Options

15 Square - Version 3

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited May 24, 2010 in Street and Documentary
15 Square - Version 3

This is close to the final version that might be used for an event in a couple of weeks. It is not the complete project, but a specific B&W set. I am continuing work on the full project.

For those of you who don't like music hit the mute button before starting it. For those that do, this is a work-in-progress and I'm still struggling with the right idea. So if you have a good idea for accompanying music, send me a PM. I need to keep the slideshow to around 6 minutes and would prefer a single piece.

Again, feedback is definitely desired.

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    I recognize many of your images from posts here on Dgrin. Nice compilation. thumb.gif

Who is it you have playing, now?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Very nice feels like a finished product. I would be happy to invite friends to view.

Having said that a couple of nits
    I dug the music but felt it was some times overpowering.
    I also felt it ended a bit out of sync with images. By the way that last image to end, Perfect ylsuper.gif

However if you don't change a thing, I will happily watch it again, I'll just turn down my Stereo :D
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Once again, I enjoy the product. I notice a few more shots added. The length and timing between shots seems about right to me. It is a very well-done and impressive collection of shots of the neighborhood.
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2010
    Thanks guys. This set is close to being finished and it will either be or not be displayed in 10 days. I'm still working on the project. Many other images I haven't shared yet. It's definitely a work in progress.
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I recognize many of your images from posts here on Dgrin. Nice compilation. thumb.gif

Who is it you have playing, now?

Don

It's the John Butler Trio. An American-born Australian led group.
    bfjr wrote: »
    Very nice feels like a finished product. I would be happy to invite friends to view.

Having said that a couple of nits
    I dug the music but felt it was some times overpowering.
    I also felt it ended a bit out of sync with images. By the way that last image to end, Perfect ylsuper.gif

However if you don't change a thing, I will happily watch it again, I'll just turn down my Stereo :D

The music does crescendo toward the end and there's a particular phrase that bother's me some mid-way through. I'm definitely interested in suggestions on musically alternatives for the show. PM me if you have some ideas. For what it's worth, I'm beginning to collect street sounds if a multimedia version takes off.
    rainbow wrote: »
    Once again, I enjoy the product. I notice a few more shots added. The length and timing between shots seems about right to me. It is a very well-done and impressive collection of shots of the neighborhood.

Thanks Rainbow. It seems that 8-10 seconds per image is acceptable. It could always be longer but there's a trade off in terms of keeping a narrative going.
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2010
    I made it into the 5th Shanghai Photographer Night. There were several hundred people at the event and I think my work was well accepted. Here's a link to the final version.

I'm going to continue to work on a more complete set of B&W and Colour images from what I already have that I'll compile into a collection. But I think I'm done with capturing images for this particular project.

Edited to add a working link to the final version.

15-Square-version-4-M.jpg