a little sneak peek

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited October 21, 2010 in Weddings
if anyone shot a wedding in the PA/NJ/MD area on Columbus day weekend you know it was an amazing day!

just a little sneak peek, as i have been so busy to post, but wanted to get back into it...again...

C&C always welcome

1050248647_bErez-XL.jpg

1050248765_abPA3-XL.jpg
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    if anyone shot a wedding in the PA/NJ/MD area on Columbus day weekend you know it was an amazing day!

just a little sneak peek, as i have been so busy to post, but wanted to get back into it...again...

C&C always welcome

Beautiful! - My only comment is that the ring shot is a little *too* sharp in that you can tell that the leaves are fabric. I'd be tempted to blur the fabric texture just a bit.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Beautiful! - My only comment is that the ring shot is a little *too* sharp in that you can tell that the leaves are fabric. I'd be tempted to blur the fabric texture just a bit.

thanks, i will work with it more. good observation. They had fake leaves all around the reception, was using them for a little color since the real ones haven't started falling yet!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    OMG!!! HOW BEAUTIFUL!! That pigeon shot could not be any more perfect iloveyou.gif and the ring shot is stunning too iloveyou.gif
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    If there weren't people in the thing behind the couple, it would be seriously sweet! Especially behind the guy's head, the girl's hair makes it, unique.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited October 19, 2010
    If there weren't people in the thing behind the couple, it would be seriously sweet! Especially behind the guy's head, the girl's hair makes it, unique.

Its funny, i didn't notice the girls hair, but the guy is hard to miss. Why do officiants feel the need to always be in the kiss shot, and this time the dove release!
    Thanks ted!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
    edited October 19, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    OMG!!! HOW BEAUTIFUL!! That pigeon shot could not be any more perfect iloveyou.gif and the ring shot is stunning too iloveyou.gif

Thanks. means a lot coming from you!

a quick story in the birds. The got the dove release as a gift from a coworker whos husband does them for weddings and events. he almost convinced them to find a photographer who has done a release before, which i have not. but they insisted on keeping me. they wanted to do a practice, but since it was 3 hours away, i said i would have to charge. all in all, without a practice i think it turned out well. i have about 10 keepers from the 20 or so shots i took in the few seconds before the birds flew out of the frame. guess i can put dove release on my resume now. HA! :D
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Guess i can put dove release on my resume now. HA! :D

rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif I only did butterflies twice, and let me tell you, those little guys are fast, tiny and hard to get!!! ne_nau.gif

Ted. I totally didn't see the girl's hair rolleyes1.gif You got some good eyes. And now having looked at the photo more carefully, did you see that the top pigeon has evil horns?? rolleyes1.gif (I'm serious, check it out deal.gifrolleyes1.gif)
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2010
    Looked like an albino rooster to me... rolleyes1.gif Then I remembered, roosters don't fly. At least very well.

Pat and I almost had a butterfly flight once, but, they were ... too frozen or "not there" by the time they were to be released.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited October 19, 2010
    I would like to call it his party hat. I would think butterflies would be super hard. ne_nau.gif
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • tat1973tat1973 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2010
    Wow beautiful shot! Very nice timing to catch those doves. I love the 2nd image with the rings too!
    I have a couple of bride's jewelry on my site as well please check it out when you have time.