Options

Limit number of recent galleries shown?

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited May 25, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
The Recent Galleries option in the Galleries content block is exactly what I want! But, I don't see any controls to limit the number shown. How is it picking ""recent" galleries? I'd like to be able to choose a time horizon and/or a quantity limit. Any suggestions? Or should I add feedback?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited May 25, 2015
    It's not you - I don't see any way to limit the number of galleries either.

More than that, when I think of recent galleries I think of galleries that were recently created - but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears that recent galleries is galleries that have recently been updated. That means it isn't necessarily a good way to highlight newly added galleries (unless you never add photos to older galleries).

When I look at the recent galleries content block I just placed on a test page (and am about to remove from there!) I see galleries that were created over a year ago and that haven't been touched for a good 9 months. The first set of galleries in the block are the most recently created and updated but after that they seem to be shown in a somewhat random order.

Perhaps I don't understand what "recent galleries" means.

In case you're looking for other options...
    I've added a page to my site that I use to highlight my recent galleries, accessed by clicking the Kaleidoscope entry in my menu. The entries on that page are shown in a folders, galleries, and pages content block where I select each entry to be shown.

I also have a gallery that contains photos representing each gallery added to my site. I add a photo to the galleries by date gallery, then add a heading and a caption that provides a link to jump to the gallery. This gallery is sorted in caption order, and the beginning of the caption for each photo is a date. This gallery is selected from the sidebar in my blog.

--- Denise