the dgrin suggestion box

167891012»

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited September 15, 2012
    ForceGhost wrote: »
    Thought of an Amazing idea! What about a review forum? Where we can post reviews of various gear that we love/hate.

You mean this?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    ian408 wrote: »
    You mean this?

Damd! thought i was onto a good one then! :cry
    Kind Regards,
    Jordon.
    My website
    ForceGhost wrote: »
    Damd! thought i was onto a good one then! :cry

Never hurts to ask thumb.gif
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    Can we please have BBCode tags for video posts - like [video] or
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll have a look at it.

By the way, I forgot to mention you can use the embed code for youtube, vimeo and other video providers.
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    By the way, I forgot to mention you can use the embed code for youtube, vimeo and other video providers.

Oooo, yes, so you can! Take out the video if it's in the way (or too scary) rolleyes1.gif
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Update Support menu
    The Support forum now has new threads for "New SmugMug Customization" and "Legacy SmugMug Customization". I missed those, however, because I kept looking in the "Support" menu under the Digital Grin banner (you know - the one between "Wide Angle" and "New Stuff".

So - suggestion is - how about updating that menu to show the new forums which have been added?
    edited August 6, 2013
    Vanlippe wrote: »
    The Support forum now has new threads for "New SmugMug Customization" and "Legacy SmugMug Customization". I missed those, however, because I kept looking in the "Support" menu under the Digital Grin banner (you know - the one between "Wide Angle" and "New Stuff".

So - suggestion is - how about updating that menu to show the new forums which have been added?

Thank you. We'll get there shortly mwink.gif
    edited August 7, 2013
    Vanlippe wrote: »

Thank you. We'll get there shortly mwink.gif

Updates have been made.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Ian, "New Stuff" link in navbar needs to exclude the new support forum :)
  • pedzpedz Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    I'm not sure at this point if what I'm about to say is true. I registered, verified my email, but could not figure out how to post. Eventually I saw in my profile that I was waiting a moderator to approve me but it wasn't really highlighted at all.

Eventually I got an email that said I was approved so I logged back in looking for a way to post and still had trouble finding the box at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if this box was here before or not since I don't specifically recall scrolling to the bottom of the page.

If new users are not allowed to post until the moderator approves them, then PLEASE add that to the introductory emails and I would even suggest adding it rather prominently in the top portions of the page.

I would also suggest adding some indication at the top of the page of where / how to create a post. It is far from obvious.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,890 moderator

Hi pedz and welcome to Dgrin. We take a number of precautions to keep spam off the forum. Moderated registration is one of them. Once you are approved, you can post text, but you will not be able to post links or images till you have posted and been a member for a short time. You will know you have full privileges when you see "Beginner Grinner" replaced by "Big Grins" in your avatar pane on the left. Also, an icon will appear above the text box for attaching images.

• pedzpedz Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    > @Richard said:
    > Hi pedz and welcome to Dgrin. We take a number of precautions to keep spam off the forum. Moderated registration is one of them. Once you are approved, you can post text, but you will not be able to post links or images till you have posted and been a member for a short time. You will know you have full privileges when you see "Beginner Grinner" replaced by "Big Grins" in your avatar pane on the left. Also, an icon will appear above the text box for attaching images.

That's fine. My suggestion is to put this information in the initial emails sent to the new users -- one is to verify the email and the other is the "Congratulations! You've been promoted to Beginner grinner." email. In that email in particular, informing the user that he can't post yet and to wait for the "Membership Approved" email seems very appropriate.

It turns out I spent only about 30 minutes poking and trying to post but it was extremely frustrating. Had the initial emails told me -- "Wait... be patient", I think I would have come off with a much better initial impression.
  • jcday44jcday44 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

Delete old customization posts? Like, I don't want to search for a solution and get a post from 2005!!! Or even 2015!!!