Options

Cheers

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited March 9, 2014 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2014
    I am always up for a drink Cristobal! Not sure about white on white though....Cheers!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2014
    Great idea Cristóbal. This shot, though, just doesn't come off right. These kind of set-ups depend so much on contrasting subject and background choices, delicate lighting decisions, etc., etc., that I don't even try them. I applaud you for giving it a go.

In this case, there's not enough distinction between the bottle and the wine as it leaves the bottle. It kind of looks like a big dark blob at the top of the shot. The wineglass itself doesn't stand out enough, relative to the background. Those forum members more well versed in this kind of stuff can probably be much more helpful in their comments. I feel certain, though, that proper lighting is the critical issue in shots like this.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2014
    Have to agree with the above comments Cristóbal... I would like to see the entire neck of the bottle also.
    I do like the splash moment you captured... makes me wonder how many times you drained the glass for another take... :slosh mwink.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2014
    Thanks for the comments. Very good analysis Tom, I decided to go with a high key approach, but it didn't quite work. There were several takes, initially I used a tent, but I was shy because I didn't want to make a mess and ruin it. So I decided to move and use a roll of white paper as backdrop on the kitchen counter. With the shyness gone, I managed to get wine on the kitchen curtains, the counter and the floor! Maybe I will try again some day, but probably not very soon. It was fun though!