Options

Newspaper rock

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited May 15, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I spend the last few days in Moab and had a chance to see the Newspaper rock. It is incredible, unfortunately it has been vandalized over the years.

cz_2014_0047-4-XL.jpg

cz_2014_0047-9-XL.jpg

cz_2014_0047-11-XL.jpg

cz_2014_0047-14-XL.jpg

cz_2014_0047-16-XL.jpg

cz_2014_0047-17-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2014
    Wow! Moab is one of my favorite places! Can't express that enough....the Micro brewery there alone is worth the trip! Was not aware of this rock. This is an excellent series! The kind that Moab Chambers of commerce should use, as it would convince visitors to line up! Great stuff!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wow! Moab is one of my favorite places! Can't express that enough....the Micro brewery there alone is worth the trip! Was not aware of this rock. This is an excellent series! The kind that Moab Chambers of commerce should use, as it would convince visitors to line up! Great stuff!clap.gif

Thanks. there are several petroglyphs near Moab. Newspaper rock is about an hour's drive South. I agree with you that Moab is a fabulous place. I have been going there to mountain bike in spring a fall for the past couple of years. The views are breathtaking.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    .....I have been going there to mountain bike in spring a fall for the past couple of years. The views are breathtaking.

:cool thumb.gif
    I'm jealous... double jealous. :cry

Great shots Cristóbal - thanks for the wide view in #1!
    Fascinating images and symbols... a precursor to photography in a way - the urge to communicate visually.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2014
    Really good documentation work, Cristóbal. Like Eric, I appreciate the full view in # 1. I always get a bit of a strange feeling when I'm around such pronounced evidence of an earlier time.

Well done, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2014
    You should really try to MTB there, slick rock is unique, in addition there are tons of trails.

In relation to the petroglyphs, I guess this is where "posting on my wall" comes from!
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2014
    Thanks Tom.