Options

Exhibition in NYC

AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited May 24, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
My exhibition in NY went rather well. People, cameras, action!

Samples gallery: http://alexbraverman.smugmug.com/Photography/Avant-Garde/Chicago-Avant-garde/

Or right here:

1016170_10151770316862425_70858256_n.jpg

Bay Photo Lab rock! The quality of the prints I took to Agora Gallery is outstanding -- and these are 60" x 40" on metal sheet with high gloss resin coating, very few can do this right. The customer service is second to none. Fantastic company, I strongly recommend to all my fellow pro photographers!

http://www.bayphoto.com/
Photography is about what does not meet the eye
Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2014
    Very cool work! Congratulations.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    I've had metal done by Bay... Excellent for luminous images
    Rags
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    Wonderful photography. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks for posting.

Sam
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    I admire/envy the processing skills that must be needed to create this photo art. It is for certain taste only, as is case with all art.

Overly busy and reliant on shock value as mind needs time to process the mish-mash.......however not finding the story that any of the display is trying to tell, so once the shock wears off...its just colors. JMO.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I admire/envy the processing skills that must be needed to create this photo art. It is for certain taste only, as is case with all art.

Overly busy and reliant on shock value as mind needs time to process the mish-mash.......however not finding the story that any of the display is trying to tell, so once the shock wears off...its just colors. JMO.

15524779-Ti.gif I'm a confessed color freak so I ought to be attracted to this image more than I am. I think the ' cluttered ' appearance is the element that puts me off. Not having a clear-cut subject also stunts my enthusiasm. Rarely, though, is anything more subjective than art....a wide variety of opinions will prevail on this piece.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    I had to come back to this image several times, and after close inspection I finally realized what this image was. It looks to have started out as a photo of a window of a Chinatown Community Center, with reflections of the surrounding area. What finally gave it away was in the bottom right third I could see a reflection of what appears to be you taking the photo, along with someone that might have stopped to check out what you were doing. I think this is a great image, with post processing that fits! clap.gif

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2014
    Great work! Like the images on your website too. Lots of elements to work with, which certainly makes it more challenging to present a balanced image.
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 24, 2014
  • Options
    AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2014
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I appreciate and value your input.
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography