Options

First Time Attempt

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited June 11, 2012 in Weddings
Dropped my daughter off at her boyfriend's brother's wedding and ended up sticking around and taking some photos of the pre-ceremony festivities. These were all taken with my 50mm lens since that was all I had with me. I've never even attempted to take wedding photos before... maybe one day I'll do a whole wedding!?

Laymon060212-048-L.jpg

Laymon060212-109-L.jpg

Laymon060212-164-L.jpg

Laymon060212-194-L.jpg

Laymon060212-207-Edit-L.jpg

Laymon060212-118-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    If I was the main photographer, I wouldve been a little upset that you were there taking pictures. I noticed that in #2 the gentleman to the right is looking at your camera and not the one that was paid to be there.

But other than that, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    If I was the main photographer, I wouldve been a little upset that you were there taking pictures. I noticed that in #2 the gentleman to the right is looking at your camera and not the one that was paid to be there.

But other than that, thanks for sharing!

The main photographer was in between shots with her camera pointed down when I snapped #2. Of course Scott was looking at my camera he likes me better! Ha ha ha! I was very careful to stay out of the way of the main photog. And I did have the blessing of the groom before hand. I did not go to the wedding venue. The main photographer didn't spend much time in the Groom's room before hand, and since that's the side of the family I was with that's where I did most of my shooting. Matter of fact she was supposed to take photos of the men putting on their flowers as requested by the bride... but she put her camera down and was helping them put them on and not taking photos! I was the one who got those pictures... yes, I have pictures of her putting the flowers on the men!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2012
    hey these are pretty decent! I was expecting the worst when I rread your thread title.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2012
  • Options
    GRodGRod Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2012
    You have a good eye for the details shots. After reading your reply I understand why there was little eye contact in your images. You did the right thing by giving the photog her space. Even though your vantage point was not the best, you managed to take some very nice imgaes. Congrats!