One from textile factory

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 26, 2010 in Street and Documentary
One of my relatives manufactures towels, i got chance to visit his factory and found this boy interested in posing for my camera. 3 versions which do you prefer?

944603353_xtMfp-XL.jpg

944603914_ZAvX2-XL.jpg

944603557_h9kw2-XL.jpg

Welcome to Faisalabad aka Manchester of Pakistan aka Lyallpur and city of textiles, industries are located on every inch of city even my grand father use to sale cloth in streets of Faisalabad. Unfortunately due to energy crises this city has suffered huge loss. I am trying to find opportunity for myself but discovered it is very tough for new and small player to enter in this field at this time, but lets see:D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    1st one for me thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    #1 for me too.

The black and white treatment results in a very busy image because it brings out the detail in all the edges. My eyes won't settle down so I can see what the photo is about. Also the high contrast results in losing the limited detail in the boy's right eye. Being able to see the wonderful sparkle in both of his eyes, even though one is in shadow, adds to the photo's impact.

Looking at the photo makes me smile!!

Virginia

Email
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Can I just tell you how much I the b&w version.
    Yes I agree, it's very busy with too much to look at, but I kind of get the sense that's what the life of the factory is like and these two kids are just bit players lost in the shuffle.

I do love that one kid's smile though and even if you lose the glimmer in his eye in the B&W the smile comes through.

Love it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    I like the B&W --it is busy but I still think it conveys the joy of the boy posing for you. I also like the contrast you achieved in the B&W.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    3 versions which do you prefer?
    Number one, but I'd lighten the side of his face a little! mwink.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Thanks guys for comments, i will light his face a bit.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    #1 for me. And I absolutely love the shot. Lots to look at including the spinning wheel and the pile of lint in the corners. Great composition. If you touch the face to lighten it (not sure I would do so), do so ever so slightly as his boyish energy makes this photo wonderful.
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    1 is nice but I like the feel of 3. 3 has the green tint like florescent lights and that gives it a industrial feel.

Great shot.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    thanks Rainbow and Michael, i am myself in love with green tint!

My Gallery