Coin collectors

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
edited July 30, 2010 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Never did understand numismatism :D

Nice shot. Personally I'd crop in from the left to a vertical running from the hairline/middle of the forearm as I find the bulk of the shoulder and arm a bit overpowering. This would change the orientation to portrait which focuses the attention more on the subject matter/second guy as well as enhancing the depth of the shot.

950772748_uYk2i-L.jpg
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    Your crop works well, but I kind of liked the immediacy of the big guy. I almost got an elbow in the lens on that one, so I figured I had to keep it. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    I like the shot but I would of crop from the other side.

I would of cropped out the white milk crate, which drags my eye anyway :D
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    Thanks Ben. The crate didn't bother me--till you mentioned it lol3.gif. I don't think I want to crop it as it would put the guy with the beard too close to the edge. Mabye burn it a little, or even a lot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Or crop below the close guy's chin and have a bunch of hands grabbing the money along with the bearded guy...

I like the intensity you captured with him. He looks like a serious collector and is likely inspecting closely the grading of the coin to see if the value is there. Or not mwink.gif.