I make Music!

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
edited July 26, 2010 in Street and Documentary
A shot of a man making music for the passerby's outside of a book store in La Jolla, Ca. this past Saturday. It was an overcast day and the lighting was perfect. Converted to B&W using PS gradiant map, shot with a 70-300 Sigma. The color version is also a favorite.

947022295_F9i8B-L.jpg

#2 For reference.

946351120_MAepj-L.jpg

C&C's always welcome too !
Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited July 26, 2010
    I love #1, Orv. The skin has as much texture as the wood of the instrument. Beautiful shot and great conversion.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Thanks Richard, It is nice to have a good day shooting and come home with one that stands out from all the "snaps".
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Both are great but i pick 2nd as i can see his face and learn more about photo,
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    I'm going to be the trouble maker and say, I love the first one and wish I had not seen the second one. The first has its own power and absolutely does not need any more explanation.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Thanks Awais ans Sara for your comments. I thought about posting only the "Hand" but figured someone would want to see the rest of what was missing. :-). The light was so soft and just "Right" in that spot....
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA