Options

Illegal Art in Hollywood

2»

Comments

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    You don't seem to have gotten the message. I will delete any further posts that do not address photography. There are many, many other forums on the Internet where you can discuss social issues all you want.

This seems totally against previous SM and DGrin policy, I've seen many a thread derailed on this forum and go on for hundreds of posts after multiple requests for staying on topic.

I think it's wrong of you to stifle discussion provoked by the images by threatening to delete posts not directly related to the photography.

I could cite thousands of instances on this forum where the discussion is not directly or specifically related to the photography of the OP.

It's healthy discussion and the OP can be glad they have sparked it.

I think you should formally retract your threat.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 30, 2010
    mercphoto wrote: »
    Now, now, now..... "Just a reminder that we are not here to discuss the legality or ethics of graffiti painters", "You don't seem to have gotten the message. I will delete any further posts that do not address photography."...

You're absolutely right. I got caught up in the topic of street art becuase I find it interesting but that has nothing to do with photography. Post removed.

Sorry Richard!