Options

They transfered their legacy to Children..

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited June 19, 2010 in Street and Documentary
And so on
904310955_66uK6-XL.jpg

Chiniot is world famous for its exoticly carved and brightly lacquered furniture. Chinioti craftsmen and artisans have for centuries carved "beautiful" flowers and geometric pattrens onto cellulose fibers. Masons from Chiniot are thought to have been employed during the construction of Taj Mahal and Golden Temple, both now in India. (Wikipedia)
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    And so on
    904310955_66uK6-XL.jpg

Chiniot is world famous for its exoticly carved and brightly lacquered furniture. Chinioti craftsmen and artisans have for centuries carved "beautiful" flowers and geometric pattrens onto cellulose fibers. Masons from Chiniot are thought to have been employed during the construction of Taj Mahal and Golden Temple, both now in India. (Wikipedia)

Very nice composition, Awais. I wish the boy in the back was concentrating on the work rather than you, but so be it. Also, the photo says 'craftsmen,' 'workshop,' but it doesn't say 'father and son,' or 'passing on craft.' mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Very nice composition, Awais. I wish the boy in the back was concentrating on the work rather than you, but so be it. Also, the photo says 'craftsmen,' 'workshop,' but it doesn't say 'father and son,' or 'passing on craft.' mwink.gif

Thanks BD, kids won't move when they see picture taken, i clicked just before he told others. They look like a family, don't they ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Thanks BD, kids won't move when they see picture taken, i clicked just before he told others. They look like a family, don't they ?

Well, not to me. But what do I know? ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Don't know about all that other stuff ne_nau.gif

I do enjoy the image, looks very rich (color wise) to me and detail is great thumb.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    I love this photo, Awais!! Great color, detail and subject matter.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2010
    Thanks guys...

What do you think are they family or not?, both men on right look like brothers, and kids wearing same color.

My Gallery
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 17, 2010
    very nice capture Awais. great colors and textures and the exposure is perfect.

I thought the two men on the right looked like they could brothers and the composition of two boys and three elders makes the case for a family endeavor.

I LOVE that the one boy is looking at the camera. the juxtaposition of the intense concentration of the others plying their trade and his seeming boredom is priceless IMHO thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Love everything about this shot!

Though unimportant to me (as viewer), I would guess "family" with the kids in the shot. Could be that the guy on left in blue is the eldest son.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Thanks Anglo and Rainbow!

My Gallery