Mini Challenge #227 - The small things RESULTS

sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited June 7, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Without any more delay, here are the results....

Honorable Mention #1
rio-indio-trip-4-XL.jpg
travelways - Leaf cutter ants in Valle de Anton, Panama
These industrious little guys are something many wouldn't bother taking a picture of and some might not even like being around (ewwww, bugs). Despite this though, I'm sure they can do some very interesting things we might enjoy watching.

Honorable Mention #2
PEG_A6000_1_5609_20160411-2.jpg
pegelli - Turn right
I enjoy cars and many of the small details. I've taken galleries of photos at cruise nights that are only close up images. Sometimes, the more subtle, the better. This one is certainly not the image most would take of a car. The added detail of the inner texture for better light visibility is nice too.

Third Place
DSC_00272-L.jpg
kdotaylor - Part of a Guitar
I like the texture, detail, and depth of field of this one. A simple image of one detail, but done very well

Second Place
IMGP1226-L.jpg
DonRicklin - Faerie Chair
A great little creation. If just left there, something that would certainly be missed by many. I suspect it was placed there with the intentions of photographing it, but that doesn't take away from the little chair at all. I'd be interested in seeing how the builder made it as well.

First Place
20130318_146_DMC-G1-X2.jpg
sarasphotos - Window-pull in the city hall, Hamburg, Germany
Just the kind of thing I had in mind. Judging by this item, the rest of the room/building was probably impressive and very picture worthy, but you found a seemingly simple item and focused on detail of it.

Congratulations to all who entered and I look forward to seeing what the next category is.
http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    Wow, Adam thanks! In light of the many wonderful entries I never imagined I would would be chosen. I'm indeed honored.

Congratulations to the other winners and HMs - they were all really wonderful shots!

FYI, yes indeed the room was magnificent - but rather dark and hard to capture with the 40mm lens I had on at the time, so as you guessed I concentrated on the many wonderful details.

I'll give some thought to the next challenge and post in the next 24 hours.

--- Sara
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    Congrats to Sara, the other winners and Tatiana for the HM. It was indeed a tough challenge with many good entries and a well deserved 1st place.

Sara, good luck with organizing the next one, I wonder what you have up your sleeve for us mwink.gif
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    Thank you for the HM :)

Congratulations Sara for the first place - very nice door handle detail!

Also congratulations to the other winners and Pieter for the HM
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    Thank you for the second place finish. This was by one of the lakes at Acadia NP, Deer Island, Maine. My wife and I were hiking there and came across this. It was quite small. Maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches tall. Quite lovely.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Thank you for the second place finish. This was by one of the lakes at Acadia NP, Deer Island, Maine. My wife and I were hiking there and came across this. It was quite small. Maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches tall. Quite lovely.

Don

Good eye for catching that then. I figured for sure it was something made then brought into the setting. It would seem that it might have been made there and then left in place.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous