Mini Challenge #223: Fountains - RESULTS

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
edited March 29, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Mini Challenge #223: Fountains - RESULTS

Although there weren't a great number of entries, judging was still difficult because of the uniform high quality. I'd like to thank everyone of you for taking the time to post your pictures.

... :drums ... drumroll... AND THE WINNERS ARE (in reverse order to keep up the suspense):

THIRD PLACE: pegelli

Place de la Bourse, Bordeaux

I am of course partial to this fountain, but this shot is particularly lovely. It's a wonderfully thoughtful and symmetical view of the fountain and a beautiful exposure - I love the color of the sky. Well done, Pieter!

PEG_A700_02877_20080808_2.jpg

SECOND PLACE: travelways

Hi there! (Mexico)

It's great how you captured the birds "talking to each other" - the photo has real personality! I also love the exposure and capture of the water and the fountain.
My one slight quibble has to do with the crop. I was slightly bugged by the fact that the left side of the frame was cropped so close to the fountain. For me it makes the frame slightly out of balance and my eye wasn't naturally pulled to those two birds. But of course it's just my opinion...
Wonderful picture, Tatiana!

fountain-4-XL.jpg

FIRST PLACE: Earache

Downtown San Diego ~ Samsung S4 Smartphone Camera

I had to battle with myself over this one - I mean a smartphone picture!!! Egads! But - I love the scene, the fountain and stopped motion of the water, the reflection of the buildings, and the exposure. The boy running through brought a wonderful playfulness and sense of scale. Great capture, Eric!

Frolick-X2.jpg

Once again, thanks to all who took part!

Cheers, Sara

Comments

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    Congrats Eric, Sara made the right choice (as far as I'm concerned) since it was my favorite picture as well. Also congrats to Tatiana for 2nd place, the "connection" between the pigeons gives this picture something special. And thanks for my 3rd place. It felt a bit like cheating to enter a picture from the same place that the judge (Sara) had won the previous competition. But it was sufficiently different that I thought it should be allowed mwink.gif.

Sara, thanks for running this mini-challenge and Eric, I'm looking forward to what you come up with next.
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    Thank-you kindly Sara and thanks Peter for your comments also! As I mentioned to Sara in a PM, I'm traveling far from home right now, and I won't be able to run a Mini, so, I would be grateful if the next finisher able-to would carry-on instead... thanks again!
    Eric
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2016
    I have PM'd Tatiana to let her know she is to lead the next challenge.

Cheers, Sara
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2016
    Congratulations Eric, I was thinking that your entry may be the winner :) Very nice, as I mentioned before. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Also congratulations Peter for the great images you delighted us with! iloveyou.gif

Thank you Sara for a great critique.

Well, I'll come with the next challenge soon - stay tuned ;)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2016
    The new challenge will be: Technology Today: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=2028580#post2028580
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com