Options

Puppy at play!

ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited August 31, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Hi

I'm wanting to enter these in a competition but not sure how to edit them, any ideas/advice please?

DSC_0056_zpsopau9vv4.jpg

DSC_0164_zps8ldajter.jpg
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography

Comments

• Options
    AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Hi ChaKira!

Editing requires some purpose behind it, usually to support and emphasize the subject.

#1 is a strong image of Puppy at play. It almost does not require any processing. Some might say there's a little too much of the blurred space on top that adds nothing. You might want to crop a little, perhaps making the photo 8 x 10 size. Some gentle sharpening at a low radius might put more emphasis on the eyes. But that's about it.

#2 has many superfluous elements, and to my taste is not nearly as strong as #1. Girl's eyes are closed, which breaks the connection with the puppy. Even with the massive cropping and imaginative post processing, I would not consider this frame worthy of a submission.

Good luck!
    Alex
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Lovely moments! Nicely done!
    For one, I too would take off some from top....inch perhaps....then eyes become stronger focal point...
    For second, I would do tight crop on just kid and the puppy.....baby landed on nice background...uniform wall......
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Thank you for the comments.

Better?

COMP_zpslccja4vq.jpg
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Super!
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Are these better?

DSC_0178_zpsa1155sur.jpg

DSC_0175_zpspy9okwsi.jpg

Megan Amelia Photography