Camp Fire Lapse and a couple questions

kluanelakerkluanelaker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited May 6, 2010 in Video
<object height="525" width="660">

</object>
<object height="525" width="660"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfAe5mBTzHM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="525" width="660"></object> -My third budget HQ time lapse using my Olympus SP-500UZ controlled via USB with Cam2com to shoot. 943 images over about 2.5 hours. Quicktime pro to convert the image sequence and encode to mpeg-4. The two 'flickers' are when my laptop decided to conserve power and shut down, interrupting the shoot. Camera settings - Manual focus locked at infinity, ISO 100, F-5.6, S- 1/650 Mpeg-4 encoding settings - H.264, 8000kbps, 1600x1200(same as image size,) 30 fps keyed every 15 frames. Ive just been playing around as Im fairly new to using the big Manual Setting. Can anyone suggest camera settings that might have looked better? Could anyone suggest a webpage or offer any advice on how to pan and zoom a time lapse in editing? Does anyone know of a universal intervalometer? That will work on any camera? Does anyone know of a intervalometer that is compatible with the Olympus SP-500UZ? I hope this isn't bad forum etiquette, I tent to post things in the wrong place. Thanks!!!

Comments

• frigidlightfrigidlight Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    that is exceedingly cool. I love how the wood seems to sink down as it is consumed. Great time lapse!
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    clap.gifThe Sky is mesmerizing!...Only thing really missing here, is the pile of bottles..other than that...cooL seq~thumb.gif
    tom wise