Postcard source?

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited August 28, 2015 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone know of an affordable yet quality source of postcards to sell? I love Moo's products but I can't mark those up enough to drive sales & make money. I've been searching the interwebs but coming up empty for quality. I don't want to cheap out yet still need my cost to be reasonable. Any experience?

Comments

• bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2015
    Bumping this from many moons ago, I think I've decided to stick with Moo as their quality is amazing and I think I can sell sets for 4 cards for $8 (100%) markup for a decent margin. Anyone doing postcard/notecard printing?
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2015
    We've been using gotprint for years for all our postcards, business cards, etc. and have never been unhappy with the quality. They aren't always the cheapest but are competitive with others who do similar products. One of the most important factors for us is consistency and they have that.
    Steve

Website
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2015
    Looks like a good source, I ordered some Moo postcards for now to see how it goes. Gotprint definitely has better pricing though, so I ordered a sample kit to see how they compare. Can you order multiple images per order?
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    As far as I know each image is a different order #, but you may want to contact them to see what they'll do. The customer service is pretty good. We've been using them for about 8 years now exclusively and have never had an issue with the quality.
    Steve

Website
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2015
    I would simply make my own template and have them printed on matte card stock at any local print shop like a Kinko's or maybe even Staples. Better yet, find a local independent print shop. I did our Christmas Cards this way last year - 5x7 double sided full color cards were 50 cents each.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.