Software program info needed

Spinner of TalesSpinner of Tales Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited August 30, 2015 in Finishing School
I need to find a program that allows me to trace around part of my image and place it in another image.
I do a lot of product review work and that would be helpful.
Example would be taking a photo of a photography vest then trace around it and place the image of the vest into another photo or solid colored background.
I know it can be done in CS6 with the Lasso tool but I want one that is quicker and easier to use.

Suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Spinner

Comments

• grickettsgricketts Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    I need to find a program that allows me to trace around part of my image and place it in another image.
    I do a lot of product review work and that would be helpful.
    Example would be taking a photo of a photography vest then trace around it and place the image of the vest into another photo or solid colored background.
    I know it can be done in CS6 with the Lasso tool but I want one that is quicker and easier to use.

Suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Spinner

Try ReMask from Topaz. It's a fairly simple tool to do what you have described. It works as a stand alone or plug-in.
    http://gricketts.smugmug.com
    www.gricketts.com
    "The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." Ansel Adams
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited August 29, 2015
    The easiest way to remove the background is to shoot the object against a white or green screen/blue screen background (chromakey) and then use software to automatically remove the background. It does require some time to setup, but, done properly, it can save tons of time in post-production.

Pretty much any simple background can be removed easily in Photoshop, as Andy demonstrated back in 2004:

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=46354&postcount=1
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited August 30, 2015
    I wrote this thread for blurring or swapping out backgrounds several years ago, but the use of the Quick Select tool is still the easiest way to select items for editing in Photoshop. Most simple selections take less than a couple of minutes to create, and then one can edit the selections however they desire. -- http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=116223

I almost never use the Lasso tool anymore. The Quick Select Tool is the cat's meow these days.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Spinner of TalesSpinner of Tales Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2015
    Topaz ReMask is the way to go....at least for mene_nau.gif
    Got it working fine now, thanks again for all the help guys I do appreciate it. clap.gif

Spinner

Did this one just playing around. That has actually happened to me on more than one occasion.

one-of-those-days.jpg-72_zpsjta0nguc.jpg