Sirui tripod falling apart...? Warranty problems

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited July 27, 2015 in Accessories
I bought a SiRui M-3205X tripod 2-3 years ago. One of the leg is falling off and the center column is falling apart. It was an expensive tripod ($500).
SiRui offers a 6 year warranty for the tripod. I have tried to send them an email and call them but so far no answer.

Question: How do you deal with SiRui for warranty issues? What can I do? Should I trow it into the trash?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited July 9, 2015
    haring wrote: »
    I bought a SiRui M-3205X tripod 2-3 years ago. One of the leg is falling off and the center column is falling apart. It was an expensive tripod ($500).
    SiRui offers a 6 year warranty for the tripod. I have tried to send them an email and call them but so far no answer.

Question: How do you deal with SiRui for warranty issues? What can I do? Should I trow it into the trash?

According to the SiRui website warranty page*, unless you purchased directly from their China site, you should contact the nearest SiRui authorized dealership. (I would recommend getting the dealer involved from whom you purchased the tripod.)

Since SiRui will not honor their warranty without a proof of purchase document, I suggest including a copy of that document with any communications.

*(http://www.siruiprofessional.com/cswarrantyinfo.php)

SiRui Oversea Sales Network
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2015
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    According to the SiRui website warranty page*, unless you purchased directly from their China site, you should contact the nearest SiRui authorized dealership. (I would recommend getting the dealer involved from whom you purchased the tripod.)

Since SiRui will not honor their warranty without a proof of purchase document, I suggest including a copy of that document with any communications.

*(http://www.siruiprofessional.com/cswarrantyinfo.php)

SiRui Oversea Sales Network

I have tried to contact the US distributor! They don't support it because I have bought it from South Korea....
    edited July 13, 2015

I have tried to contact the US distributor! They don't support it because I have bought it from South Korea....

Ah, so you purchased a "gray market" item. In this case you saved a few dollars purchasing an item outside the marketing area, knowing that it would not be covered by a US warranty, and now you are surprised that it is not coverd by a warranty?

We discussed this concept previously:

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=249347

If you had purchased the tripod with a third-party warranty as well, as I suggested in that thread, you might have some recourse. As it is, I don't think that you have either a legal claim or a moral claim to any warranty whatsoever.
    ziggy53
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2015
    The seller promised to send me a replacement nut. I am luck, I guess!
    edited July 19, 2015
    The seller promised to send me a replacement nut. I am luck, I guess!

The SiRui dealer is doing a very nice thing for you. clap.gif
    ziggy53
  • lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    Sirui warranty
    I bought a Sirui ballhead in the USA last year, had a minor problem and called them (distributor is Argraph) and was given option of returning to the dealer or directly to them. I sent it back to Argraph and they immediately sent me a brand new newer model at no charge. I only buy mechanical or electronic equipment from official I( no gray market) dealers.
    Stan