Montezuma Hills near Rio Vista, CA.
c&c always welcome
-Len

WheelsOfTime-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    Beautiful comp and exposure Len! I however so wish that the transition between grass and hill was soft. This hard line is kind of creating a split frame. Not end of the world.....still beautiful! Cheers!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    I love this one for the contrast between old technology and new technology. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Beautiful comp and exposure Len! I however so wish that the transition between grass and hill was soft. This hard line is kind of creating a split frame. Not end of the world.....still beautiful! Cheers!

Thanks Taz. Not much choice re the split line as I couldn't get closer (fence) to the wagon and to back off would leave alot of empty forground.
    -Best
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2015
    I love this one for the contrast between old technology and new technology. Well done.

Tom

Thanks Tom..... I loved the contrast also.
    -Len
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2015
    Thanks Taz. Not much choice re the split line as I couldn't get closer (fence) to the wagon and to back off would leave alot of empty forground.
    -Best

Now that Tom has pointed out an angle that I completely missed, new vs. old tech, perhaps the more solid split works!
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    Good grab... well treated
    Rags
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    I think you captured the contrast of new vs old technology very nicely. Good eye! B&W is perfect here.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited July 29, 2015
    I like the framing and juxtaposition. Nicely seen and composed. I wonder if it would be possible to make the wagon stand out a bit more from the background. Not too sure how to do that without an insane amount of work. What does it look like in color? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    The b&w complements the contrast between old and new.

Well done.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    Terrific shot. I know what Richard means but I liked the fact that my eye was drawn to the top and I didn't notice the wagon for a second.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2015
    torags wrote: »
    Good grab... well treated

Thanks for looking Rags...
    -Len
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2015
    I think you captured the contrast of new vs old technology very nicely. Good eye! B&W is perfect here.

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your comments.
    -Len
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I like the framing and juxtaposition. Nicely seen and composed. I wonder if it would be possible to make the wagon stand out a bit more from the background. Not too sure how to do that without an insane amount of work. What does it look like in color? headscratch.gif

Thanks guys, (Richard, Willard & Don). I see what you mean re the wagon and it's background. Regarding color, I believe this image has much more contrast and impact as a bw. I'll work on the wagon background.
    -Len
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2015
    Here is an adjustment: A little more foreground space; lightening of foreground; less sharpening; somewhat less contrast in foreground. Let me know what you all think, and thanks for the suggestions.
    Best, -Len

WheelsOfTime_4-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2015
    I love the rework!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited July 30, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I love the rework!
    nod.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2015
    Thanks Taz & Richard. I like the rework too.
    -Len