From My Emergency Wedding Shoot

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited October 4, 2012 in Weddings
Earlier I posted about about an emergency wedding shoot where I needed to fill in for the primary who was having some health issues.

Here are three I think came out OK.

MG5848-L.jpg

MG6035-L.jpg

MG5988-L.jpg

Comments

• coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    yeah - I think the same - came out well
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    Nice work. I have been wanting to try some mirror shots myself. Any tips on f stop or?
  • wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2012
    nice effort i am sure they will be pleased
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    Nice work. I wish I couldn't see the shadow from the flash in #2
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    Nice work. I wish I couldn't see the shadow from the flash in #2

Or, the shadow behind the bride in number three. Why post the bride in front of the kitchen sink?

One and two are nice...two sans the shadow.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Or, the shadow behind the bride in number three. Why post the bride in front of the kitchen sink?

One and two are nice...two sans the shadow.

Well it didn't turn out exactly Like I planed. This sink is in a room where everything is small kid size including the sink which is maybe 36" high.

Here are three I think are better. :D

Also please note I am working with a new monitor and at present using one group of settings for printing ) in general lower brightness and lowered contrast) and a different group of settings for web and general use ( brighter and higher contrast).

Comments as to color, brightness and contrast on these images would be appreciated as well as the general critique.

#1 The bride and bridesmaids.
    MG6012-L.jpg

#2 Bride
    MG6388-L.jpg

#3 Bride & Groom
    MG9965-L.jpg
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2012
    Really like the mirror shot and number two in second set.

The mirror shot is so nice that I wonder if wedding photogs consider taking their favorite mirror to get shots like this one.

Did you have time to check out location in advance or was it a last minute request to fill in? Just wondering.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2012
    Really like the mirror shot and number two in second set.

The mirror shot is so nice that I wonder if wedding photogs consider taking their favorite mirror to get shots like this one.

Did you have time to check out location in advance or was it a last minute request to fill in? Just wondering.

Phil

No chance to do anything except get an early morning phone call and go into scramble mode, charging batteries, cleaning gear, cleaning me, and go!

It was a long hard but satisfying day.

Sam
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    The Bride & Bridesmaids shot it well lit and the exposure is nice on all their faces, except the one standing just behind the bride has lost her nose and mouth to the back of another bridesmaid's head. Faces are important!
    I like 2 and 3 in the last set. Overall very nice photos and I'm sure the bride & groom will be happy. The important thing is the memories, and nits that are pointed out here are likely to be inconsequential in the big picture.
    Good set. Trying having the bride lower the flowers in the first shot!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX