Why are all of my old galleries not set to DEFAULT price list????

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited January 3, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a Default (Starred, says DEFAULT) in my price list. Now my one and ONLY price list.

Yet, I go to a gallery, say..

http://www.jimkarczewski.com/Sporting-Events/HSBasketball10/StateFinalsNollvParkTudor/

And order a picture, 4x6, $.21

WTF?

How is the default not applied to this gallery?

I've now had two very old galleries that I've lost money on because the purchaser was charged my prices, not the "DEFAULT" prices. This is really starting to annoy the F()&*%*)&)* out of me.

Comments

• JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Let me also add, the way this is setup is.. really F()&C)&ed up.

I only selected products and well, I added on the right where it says "BASE PROFIT" left it at 400%

WHY IS THAT NOT TRANSFERED TO ALL OF THE PRODUCTS???????

THAT is the problem. It says 400% on the right, I ASSumed that it would be 400% PROFIT, but nope.. all of the products in the individual groups are blank. PLEASE FIX THIS?????
  • Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Hi Jim - sorry to hear you are having a rough tme of it -

I just checked your default pricelist - you have all of the items avilable for sale at zero profit - you can clearly see this in the tool.

Without all of the details, it's hard to say for sure, but my guess would be that you did not originally have your portfolio pricing set properly, and when you migrated, that info transferred over -

To learn how to use the new system > take a few minutes to review the help page - and watch the video tutorials (all three) - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-price-and-sell-your-photos

And if you still have questions, I'd be happy to walk you through this if you like - just shoot us an email on the help desk (that way I won't need to provide private info on this public forum). Just put my name in the subject line - ATT Sean

Standing by -
    edited January 3, 2012
    Let me also add, the way this is setup is.. really F()&C)&ed up.

I only selected products and well, I added on the right where it says "BASE PROFIT" left it at 400%

WHY IS THAT NOT TRANSFERED TO ALL OF THE PRODUCTS???????

THAT is the problem. It says 400% on the right, I ASSumed that it would be 400% PROFIT, but nope.. all of the products in the individual groups are blank. PLEASE FIX THIS?????

Hi Jim -

Two points:

The profit on your list displays highighted in yellow, indicating editing -

I created a second pricelist for you - "TEMP Not For Sale" - I added NO produts - and made that your DEFAULT -

NO products are available for sale on your site now - no worries there - Safe and sound -

Please write me on the help desk and I'll walk you through this -
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    Well, I have a DEFAULT set.. and I just went through to verify ALL of my products.. and now when I go to a gallery I get, "No products available" (when not logged in)
    edited January 3, 2012
    Well, I have a DEFAULT set.. and I just went through to verify ALL of my products.. and now when I go to a gallery I get, "No products available" (when not logged in)

Hi Jim - Please read my previous post - and I'm standing by on the help desk -

Sean
    edited January 3, 2012
    Hi Jim - Just following up -

Haven' heard from you on the desk, but checking you pricelists once again, I see you have edited the original default and set the pricing in it > and removed the TEMP list - and your galleries are not set with the products/prices you've selected -

Looks good! - And if you need any help, were standing by on the support desk -