Crosstown Rivals - HS Softball

IreneRojasIreneRojas Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Sports
Hi everyone!

Last week, I was in Columbia, Missouri, and wanting some sports practice, I shot the Rock Bridge vs. Hickman varsity softball game. The Rock Bridge Bruins won 3-0.

I got to check out a D700 and 70-200m 2.8 VRII. Sweet.

Thoughts, advice, suggestions appreciated. Enjoy!

1010839181_k8jxM-L-1.jpg
Bruin Lauren Fuller pitches to a Kewpie player during the Hickman versus Rock Bridge varsity softball game at University Field on the University of Missouri campus on September 16, 2010.

1010836027_NNm5h-L-1.jpg
Kewpie Abbie Kent, center, missed the ball, and Bruin Kelsey Harrington was safe.

1010839625_NeHPn-L-1.jpg
Bruin Sammi Bell looks to steal second base as Kewpie Riley Wilson pitches.

1010838390_KrmdY-L-1.jpg
Bruin Brianne Bond connects at bat.

1010835773_xdf4e-L-1.jpg
A Kewpie player reaches over Bruin Kelsey Harrington during the Hickman versus Rock Bridge varsity softball game. A referee called Harrington safe.
Irene Rojas
BlogWebsite

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    Looks like they were underexposed and you have some WB issues. The D700 has a very accurate display, so look at it critically. I use kelvin values in situations like this. Just take a few test pictures at various kelvin values and compare what's on screen with reality. If they don't look the same or close, keep experimenting until they do. Also check your histogram. Try to get things as far to the right as possible. I acutally prefer the highlights mode to the histogram. It tells you very quickly when you're overexposed, then back down until you're not or just see a small number of blown highlights. If you know how to use your spot meter, then spot meter off someones face or skin and use that as a starting point for exposure.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited September 22, 2010
    What Sean said.

Also, the "connects at bat" caption would be more accurate if the ball were in the frame. I realize from the batter's gaze, the ball is out front but the photo could easily be of a strike without the ball.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?