AGED TREE : First Roll On Leica M3: (1955)

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited June 2, 2015 in Wildlife
Taken with my "New" Leica M3 and Summicron 50mm lens, both 1955:

Not exactly "wildlife" but I didn't know where to put it. (The camera and this as an example photo was posted in "Cameras", but that forum has a different purpose than showing photos.)

AGED TREE

LeicaTree-L.jpg

Comments

• Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2015
    When you say first roll, what exactly do you mean? Just kidding I'm not that young, however you camera is still older than me. Nice shot.
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2015
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    When you say first roll, what exactly do you mean? Just kidding I'm not that young, however you camera is still older than me. Nice shot.

Well, the camera & lens are 62 years old. since I'm 124 the outfit is half my age. (joke).

I'm but 5 years older than the camera/lens. Gives me pause to realize that....

Even 62 years old I paid $1100 and that was a good price. It looks new. I saw a Leica lens on Ebay earlier today:

The price - I kid you not - was $100,000!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Leica-180-280-400mm-3-Lenses-PL-Mount-Conversion-/191221336077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c85ae080d
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2015
    Don't get the composition, but cool camera. Made me look it up to see what it looks like. Looks like fun!
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2015
    Don't get the composition, but cool camera. Made me look it up to see what it looks like. Looks like fun!

Come to think of it there's something odd about the way it looks, like the length got chopped. I oughta go and look at the original again

Well I looked at my computer's original, it's the same unless I imported it wrong.

Looks squashed.. maybe I took it that way instead of having the camera on it's side so the tree would be vertical because I was learning focus and and only concerned about that. That's from the first roll I shot. Well, I know where the tree is, when back there sometime I'll turn the camera sideways. Thanks for the stating the obvious.