350D... bizarre texture?

HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited October 22, 2005 in Cameras
Today I dropped the bit of money to upgrade my 300D to a 350D and I love it. Well, mostly -- I only have two complaints. One, it's WAY TOO SMALL -- I am desperately seeking a cheap grip to compensate. Also, the body has the WEIRDEST texture; it reminds me of Sigma lens barrels. I noticed when I took it out of the box it had these weird scratches in the gully between the mounting ring and the grip... wiped them off and forgot about it. Twenty minutes later, they're back. Wipe them off. Repeat, ad nasuem. An hour later, realize that every time my fingernail comes close to the body, the body files a bit off! Not that it's overly sharp or sandpapery, but SOMETHING about that rubber coating is a PERFECT nail file!
Anyways, I came home and cut my nails. But has anyone else noticed this STRANGE occurance?
imageNATION
SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
http://www.imag-e-nation.net

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Only one thing to do for both of these problems...take it back & get the 20D.
  • HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Laughing.gif! Trust me, I've given honest consideration to trying to upgrade to the 20d -- just can't afford it though. Spending my last few cents on a grip for the 350D this week.

Unless you want to trade me a 20D w/ grip for my BNIB 350D w/ grip? :D (jk)
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    HeldDown wrote:
    Laughing.gif! Trust me, I've given honest consideration to trying to upgrade to the 20d -- just can't afford it though. Spending my last few cents on a grip for the 350D this week.

Unless you want to trade me a 20D w/ grip for my BNIB 350D w/ grip? :D (jk)
    I picked a 350 up in my hands the other week & it took me an hour to find it again.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2005
    I hadn't gotten around to asking if anyone else had the XT "nail file" effect, but yes, I have that problem too! I have this fear of getting dust on my sensor, and having a long smear of fingernail particles flying around near the lens mount sure doesn't put me at ease. But I do love the camera other than that. I can't afford a more expensive body right now and the whole strategy anyway was to put the $$ into lenses.