Custom Themes

DwayneCDwayneC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited October 26, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Has anyone else having trouble changing their custom themes?:scratch

Comments

• DwayneCDwayneC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Guess I can't change my custom homepage theme...can anyone point me in the right direction? :-D
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited October 25, 2014
    You can change your theme and you can change your homepage. In order to get help you'll need to let us know what you want to change and what problems you are encountering.

--- Denise
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    DwayneC wrote: »
    Guess I can't change my custom homepage theme...can anyone point me in the right direction? :-D

If you're saying you want to change your homepage to one of the other smugmug theme templates, then, you're right, you can't change the theme without losing all the customization. You would have to re-do that.

That wouldn't be too hard, I think.... Drag in content blocks... add HTML, copy the site-wide CSS from the old theme, into the new.

Navigation menus could be tedious but doable.

If you use this tool from Nicholas Sherlock, you'll have a back up of your site's CSS and HTML, which you can access easily:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unofficial-smugmug-extens/acobflahofemoblocddilbgnokclnphd

I am not sure if you have to loose the customization you have applied to the all folders or all galleries sections, if all you want to change is the homepage. I know you can have a different theme for anything - one unique gallery, all folders but not homepage, etc., so I would think you would not have to replace anything except the homepage customization.
  • DwayneCDwayneC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2014
    I got it thank you bunches!! :-D