Warriors

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited September 18, 2014 in Street and Documentary
Last%20Chance-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2014
    They look well prepared for something diabolical . Are they your neighbors?
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    Gadzooks!!! Please tell me that's not some of your neighborhood boys. It's an arresting shot. I think your PP work is appropriate for the subject.

I've mentioned it before, Eric, but you need to plan your way out of California. Robot things that walk the streets, characters like these that would send Schwarzenegger packing..... a bit much in my book. All I've got to deal with are crazed iguanas and rotten coconut juice. Come on over.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    Lighting works for me. At first it seemed too bright for the subject, but after a second look I changed my mind.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    Great shot Eric! I love the blueish-green hue. Good cast of characters.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2014
    lensmole wrote: »
    They look well prepared for something diabolical . Are they your neighbors?
    Nooooo... I live in goat-roper territory - I have to venture into the Big City to see sights like this... :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    Gadzooks!!! Please tell me that's not some of your neighborhood boys. It's an arresting shot. I think your PP work is appropriate for the subject.

I've mentioned it before, Eric, but you need to plan your way out of California. Robot things that walk the streets, characters like these that would send Schwarzenegger packing..... a bit much in my book. All I've got to deal with are crazed iguanas and rotten coconut juice. Come on over.

Take care,

Tom
    Hey Tom.... thanks, that's kind of you to invite me - usually urban-flight Californians are not welcome when they roll into new towns... apparently our reputation often precedes us. ne_nau.gif

Regarding Schwarzenegger... I cannot say in polite company what I think about our former Governator...
    Lets just say, I'd love to send him your way, and please feel free to stick him in a cage full of crazed iguanas and keep him on rotten coconut juice for the duration...

Have fun man!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    Lighting works for me. At first it seemed too bright for the subject, but after a second look I changed my mind.

Phil
    Yeah, lighting was not ideal, but not too-bad for the venue. These characters were outside of Comic-Con in San Diego - a HUGE 4-day convention of fantasy, sci-fi, and comic (etc.) enthusiasts.
    Most costumed participants are happy to pose, but the challenge for the candid photgrapher is getting good light with anything approaching a decent background.
    This group was hot and tired, sitting under a tree, planning an attack on the near-by Starbucks for refreshments. I asked if they would pose for me and they kindly agreed,
    if I was fast about it, so I had about two minutes to clear a bunch of junk out of this corner and get them in there... three fast clicks and off they went.
    It was fun, and I thought the image not too bad for the circumstances. I e-mailed it to them, and they liked it very well. To me, the greatest deficit in the image is the shadow in the right-bottom - I may work on cloning the concrete. Thanks for commenting Phil!

The image below shows just how crowded it was outside the Convention Center.
    Got%20Crowd-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    Juano wrote: »
    Great shot Eric! I love the blueish-green hue. Good cast of characters.
    Thanks Cristóbal - yes, I was stoked to find these guys and get a decent image. This genre of en-actors have large gatherings, and I took a clue from other images of them for my processing.
    Eric ~ Smugmug